Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be a good time to start my build thread for the Soul.

For starters, I have a 2013 Soul+ in Clear White.

It came with the following:
  • Remote start package
  • Center Console
  • Spare tire
  • Rear organizer
  • Rear cargo cover
  • Locking lug nuts
  • Sirrius/MP3/Bluetooth radio
  • iPod cable

My first mod is the addition of the mascot to keep me company on long trips.

Mod plans for the future include:
  • Air horn
  • ScanGuage II
  • SSD Engine Cover
  • SSD Engine Torque Damper
  • SSD Front strut tower brace
  • Rocker Stripe Graphics
  • ProClip mount for cell phone
  • Mule Days license plate frames
  • Litter bag w/mount

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,004 Posts
LOL! I have the same mascot! :)

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd recommend skipping on the ProClip and get yourself one of these and stick it on the storage bin door. That's my current set up and it works perfectly.
Oh, that is tempting. I was planning on using my phone as a dashcam as well. I altered a mount for my Droid 2 in my Hummer that works well for taking video.

I was going to do something similar for the Soul. Also, I may mount the ScanGauge up there as well. I will see when it comes in.

·
Registered
422 Posts
check post #5 on the car mount thread for higher placement, which would be good for dash cam. I think techo mage put his ScanGauge in the storage bin (his base model doesn't come with the door) and it's a good fit. I am sure you can find the picture somewhere, he posted it like 8 times on various threads.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well, I decided to place the ScanGauge just below the Trip button. I have a habit of creating mounts with L braackets and zip ties. No exception here:

I wrapped I little electrical tape to hide the silver. I also had to cut them down a tad to fit.

It is hidden behind the wheel when driving but viewable by leaning to the right. I figure hidden gauges are better than no gauges.

The new plates came in. I was not impressed with the design on the front. The dealer just ran some self-tapping screws into the plastic. I will re-engineer that later.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the air horn installed.

It is nice having something with a little punch.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally received all the parts to build my cell phone mount. I decided to go with the ProClip center mount. It looked perfect for where I wanted my phone.

I also got the ball mount adapter since Motorola only had a windshield mount but could disconnect at a ball. The ball was a tad too small and would not tighten down enough to hold the weight of my Droid 4. I wrapped it with one layer of electrical tape.

The ProClip fit nice and tight. I did a test fit first just in case I needed to send it back.

I also moved the ScanGauge into the sunglass holder. I popped off the center speaker grill to reach the wires. I also used a round file and made a groove for my USB cable to fit to hide it from view.

Looks good in the dark too!

Since I was on a roll, I added the rubber step in the back.

I also added a litter box. I found a black drawer knob at a hardware store and fastened it to the back of the console.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just had a package dropped off at the door. It is the new horn!

Much better than the previous one. Deeper tone and MUCH louder! Here is a video clip from Wolo (skip to 1:45 for the goods)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Like the mascot. I'll have to go to the dealer and see if they have any. I don't have a Soul yet, but at least I can get one and add it to my collection of other auto related stuffed animals

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got an SSD chambered muffler installed today. I really like the deep tone the car has. It has a pretty harsh drone between 2800 and 2900 RPM though. Took only about twenty minutes to install. I'll get some pics and maybe vids up later.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I get better response from people than from the stock "meep-meep" horn. It makes the car sound bigger. I want to relocate it to the front of the radiator but it looks like I will have to fab a mount and pull the grill.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here are some shots of the exhaust:

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here is a video from me driving around the city a bit:

Sorry, just noticed that the speedometer is in kph, not mph. THe middle gauge is the TPS with RPM on the right.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I received an SSD engine cover for my birthday. Doesn't make the car faster but it does make the engine look cleaner.

Now to get a billet oil cap!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts