Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at exhaust systems for my 2013 Soul. From what i have seen i have 1 choice, the SSD axle back. Was wondering if one of the earlier systems would fit the 2013 model cars. if not i will go the SSD route, as the intake and engine cover are of excellent quality. Also on a side note, what kind of gain other than sound could i expect. I have a 2013 Soul+ with 2.0 and 6 speed manual. Thanks, cruzerjd

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,070 Posts
You could always go to your local muffler shop and have them install one like I did. As far as gains.....none that I can tell other than the nice sound you get. :)

Reactions: TechnoMage

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went with the SSD axle back. Wife will probably veto the decision. Cannot believe that there isn't more out there for the 2013-2014 models. Although i can see that the engine was improved over the previous 2.0. Will probably put it back to stock soon.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
As Buzz said, any good muffler shop, like "Tuffy Muffler" can and would be happy to build you a custom exhaust system, using whatever muffler you'd like.

Using bigger pipe and a Cherry Bomb , should give you a real Z28 sound.

But on the downside...... your ECC is factory programmed to run the engine at its most efficient with the OEM exhaust system. Getting more noise, could also, possibly, kill your performance.*

* Notice I said "could" and "possibly". I guess you never really know till you try. But that can be an expensive experiment, if it doesn't turn out right.

:cool:

PS: I see you have the 2.0L engine. My little 1.6L runs so dang good, I'd not want to do anything to upset her.
I would not do anything more extreme than dropping in a K&N Engine Air Cleaner, which Gertrude really loves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts