Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows it going just wanted to know what the cat back exaust and cold air intake will do for you.I am thinking of ordering it.Im new to this soup up your car thing.Any info would be great. But I dont want the soul to sound like a dirt bike

·
Registered
111 Posts
As far as I know,
The cold air intake brings a larger volume of cooler (more oxygen) airflow into the engine,
the cat-back helps to free the hot exhausts from the engine by being less restrictive.
The cooler the air you can get into the engine, and the more hot exhaust you can get
out (with out loosing to much back pressure = more HP hopefully. As for the dirt bike sound it usually depends on the quality
Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you

Thanks, It sounds good to me. just hope they dont want the bank for it

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its done

My new Exhaust is on and it looks ad SOUNDS bad .Pics tonight

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
wife

I think my wife is pissed and that's just with the idea. She going to **** when she here's it. God help me

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
custom

I have not done the air intake yet but the exhuast is custom

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Hey Mike

Is it a stainless exhaust and muffler system?...What muffler is on it?...Who did the work?..What did it cost?..Inquiring minds want to know :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Speedy did the work I told them what look I wanted and I payed $274 .As for names I couldent tell ya ,All I know is its loud the tail pipe is stainless and It took him 2 hours to do the bending. Im going back tomorow to see if he can make it a little quiter.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You could see if they have a silencer for that style of exaust .... its a metal piece that fits in the exaust tip. IMO it makes is sound extremely bad, but is quieter. Unfortunatly the problem you have run into is that pretty much with any aftermarket exaust you are going to change the tone of the exaust. You might be able to get a different style that may sound "different" .... but I think you are going to be hard pressed to get something that wil be much quieter :(

Good Luck

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
we will see

I was at speedy today .they said they can help a bit. It sounds kool like hot rod not a dirt bike .I might leave it

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the wife loves it

I guess I don't have to change the exhaust. She loves it and all the looks she's getting . Close call

·
Registered
41 Posts
a cat back and intake will give you some noise and good looks, if your looking for more power there is nothing too helpful for the soul yet, you wont notice much difference if any in power with these two modifications, now if you removed the cats and do a full exhaust with id say 2'' piping with the intake you may feel a little difference, im taking my cats out more than likely, doing that should give it a little more pep in the mid range, which i have noticed is a little week, off the line i can keep up with my buddys 2008 SI, but after 30 or so mph i loose a lot of power but get it back around 50mph

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think the soul will ever be a hot rod but i'ts sure fun to drive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts