Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
nice sound to it,but I would like to see a clear picture of the bumper, it hard to tell if it is hidden like the factory system.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Can some one post a pic. I can't see one :(

·
Registered
350 Posts
I honestlywould suggest going to a exhaust place.. and getting them to remove the muffler and run a str8t pipe with a dump on the end like the stock exhaust. My mechanic charged me 30 bucks and welded own hangers. I'll try and post..but ya we did from axle back and it sounds awsome I love it..not too anouying I can't wait to install the CAI and have this guy heheh

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
One of our members (simpleasyouthink) is the prototype vehicle and most likely the one in the video. I believe Thorley is coming out with a header as well. I have had many Thorley parts in the past on some of my muscle cars and they were great. They are a huge company so the prices should be way more competitive. I am really holding on to see what they turn up with the header and perhaps a full exhaust setup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had called dougthorley on the catback, they had told me that there was no modding of the bumper witch is a plus......im going to order one in about 2 to 4 weeks go price.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just saw and heard the sound from youtube. That's the real sound of a 2.0 lts. The bad thing is that if you close your eyes and hear the sound you will think of a coupe well modded. But i'm totally digging this exhaust. Now we are missing 2 things.
1. Is this for both motors. 1.6 & 2.0
2. Did the soul had a CAI?

if it didn't had a CAI then I would like to wait until someone has both. I'm waiting for the EF CAI, so I hope some1 is also looking to buy this exhaust. Has anyone try to contact them about if they would agree with a group buy???

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I just saw and heard the sound from youtube. That's the real sound of a 2.0 lts. The bad thing is that if you close your eyes and hear the sound you will think of a coupe well modded. But i'm totally digging this exhaust. Now we are missing 2 things.
1. Is this for both motors. 1.6 & 2.0
2. Did the soul had a CAI?

if it didn't had a CAI then I would like to wait until someone has both. I'm waiting for the EF CAI, so I hope some1 is also looking to buy this exhaust. Has anyone try to contact them about if they would agree with a group buy???
GROUP BUYS are only allowed on this forum if they are a supporting vendor.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Yeah it has an intake on it.Mine with my Takeda intake sounds almost the same with stock exhaust.I'd really like to hear one without an intake to see the difference!!!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
So do they actually make a catback also, or just the axleback?

I'd love to support these guys, and it looks great, but just an axleback.... probably not. Now, if they fab up the other pipes, I'd probably be all in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It is an axle back. I felt that making an entire system would be cost prohibitive and since Kia did such a great job with the factory design, being mandrel bent in all, that the biggest restriction is in the factory muffler.

BTW, there is no cutting of body parts involved and you could realistically have this installed in your drive way in less than one hour.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The Doug Thorley Headers website description says that this "INCREASES HORSEPOWER AND GAS MILEAGE." What sort of improvements are we talking about, aside from the great sound?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
But is there a size difference from OEM to yours? What is the size? On my Tiburon, same engine, I am runining a 2.50 exhaust from front to back, and it really added power, even at my elevation.

I'd still love to see what GB pricing comes out as, I could have the rest of it built if I felt like I could get a better routing done.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I would guess that the OEM inside diameter of the exhaust from the cat back is 1.875 inch.
This would lead me to believe that a 2.0 inch would be quite good for the naturally aspirated Soul and 2.25 inch for a super stock exhaust for those with a tuned intake.

Going to 2.5 inch or larger on Soul will likely net some losses somewhere; most likely in low end torque, which is where Soul really needs the help.

I don't rip around in at 4500rpm in Soul.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts