Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I was wondering if anyone knew of any cat back exhausts the would fit the 2016 Soul with the 1.6. I know I could just bring it to a muffler shop, but I'd much much rather do it myself. Also, if anyone knows where I can get a short ram or Cai for the car as well. I'm aware that Tork makes one and it's a very reasonable price I believe it's on sale right now for $130ish and Injen has one for a same year Veloster that would fit the same (from what I've read on these forums) for $205. A little bit STEEPER yes, but I like the look of the Injen one more. And finally any other information on "performance bolt ons" such as lowering kit or a strut tower brace would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading and take care!

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,085 Posts
A Muffler shop would be your best bet as a aftermarket cat back system may be hard to find. Search the forums as most of your questions have already been answered.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
I have a gen 2 SSD strut tower brace that should fit a 2016. On my 2017 there is a peice in the way that was added, as I have been told, for the diesel engine beginning in 2017. Unfortunately it involves a little cutting on the frame of my car to get it mounted. Since I have it and will not install it, I am willing to let it go. If you are interested, PM me and we can discuss a suitable ransom for it, if you are interested.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a gen 2 SSD strut tower brace that should fit a 2016. On my 2017 there is a peice in the way that was added, as I have been told, for the diesel engine beginning in 2017. Unfortunately it involves a little cutting on the frame of my car to get it mounted. Since I have it and will not install it, I am willing to let it go. If you are interested, PM me and we can discuss a suitable ransom for it, if you are interested.
I appreciate the offer but I'm looking for a direct bolt on I'd rather not do any modifications if it can be avoided

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
I appreciate the offer but I'm looking for a direct bolt on I'd rather not do any modifications if it can be avoided
Ok, it was actually the bolt on piece for a 2014-2016. I guess I did not make that clear but if you would rather not fool with it, that's OK.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, it was actually the bolt on piece for a 2014-2016. I guess I did not make that clear but if you would rather not fool with it, that's OK.
Oh if it actually is a bolt on for the 2016 I'd be interested in it then

·
Registered
435 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Select a Category | DamnFastDD.com

Kia Soul Stage 1 Bundle | DamnFastDD.com

Not endorsing, just linking since I've looked at their stuff before. Tork makes an intake, exhaust, and tune for the 1.6 GDI Soul. For whatever reason the exhaust link doesn't work anymore, but it's shown in the bundle description. I think they're sponsors of the forum too.
Do you have any idea how the tunes work? Like is a whole ecu or something you plug in your OBD port or what?

·
Registered
59 Posts
PMed

·
Registered
435 Posts
Do you have any idea how the tunes work? Like is a whole ecu or something you plug in your OBD port or what?
I haven't done one so I'd recommend you PM the tuner on this site or call them- but from what I've learned through their literature and talking to them separately they have an ECU swap option, plug in to your ECU option, or send them your ECU to modify option. Depends on what kind of tune and service you want.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'd love to see the updates
I installed it Friday night, I must say the piping is good. The filter is a big opening type with a velocity stack to place inside. The heat sheil part bu being for a Veloster has its issues. The bottom bolts as a support for the intake but as far as a sheild goes, it is a bit small. Seems the space for the Veloster is smaller than the Soul. That is no biggie for me, I will buy a PVC board and make a properly sized shield. I will post pics later on tonight

·
Registered
93 Posts
This is an ECU reflash. I actually talked to these guys on the phone. Looking to pick up a Spare ECU to send their way and check it out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey all I was wondering if anyone knew of any cat back exhausts the would fit the 2016 Soul with the 1.6. I know I could just bring it to a muffler shop, but I'd much much rather do it myself. Also, if anyone knows where I can get a short ram or Cai for the car as well. I'm aware that Tork makes one and it's a very reasonable price I believe it's on sale right now for $130ish and Injen has one for a same year Veloster that would fit the same (from what I've read on these forums) for $205. A little bit STEEPER yes, but I like the look of the Injen one more. And finally any other information on "performance bolt ons" such as lowering kit or a strut tower brace would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading and take care!
I purchased a performance muffler online, cut out the resonator behind the #2 cat, welded in pipe there and replaced the muffler. Voila.... a catback exhaust.... cost $100

·
Registered
108 Posts
I purchased a performance muffler online, cut out the resonator behind the #2 cat, welded in pipe there and replaced the muffler. Voila.... a catback exhaust.... cost $100
The"resonator" you replaced is the actual muffler, the piece close to the bumper is the resonator. Please if you provide a sound clip, I have been tempted to do the same

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't know if it is legal, but my car doesn't have a catalytic converter so I can't put a cat-back exhaust on it.
If your car had one from the factory and it was removed its highly illegal on a government level. If a shop did it they could face heavy fines, could be shut down, or possibly a fedarl prison sentence (I'm not 100% on the prison one). And if you did it, if you ever sold the car to someone who lives in an emissions County, then they would fail emissions, they would trace it back to the original owner, and you would be faced with fines and possibly a bill to reinstall one on the car.
TLDR Yes it's illegal

1 - 20 of 27 Posts