Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Found out that the dealer I got my soul from didn't participate in the program for the KIA's. To much of a high demand here in the Ft Walton Beach area.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
The dealer can't keep the souls on there lots.Mine was only on the lot 2 hours when we showed up and and wasn't even unwraped with the shipping plastic when my dad said that I now have a new car. Love that man.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
so much for program lasting for several months.... dealer where i got my car stopped participating after the money ran out the first time and didn't play in second round...

·
Registered
15 Posts
The program can't end soon enough for me (or anyone without a clunker). Manufacturers and dealerships have gotten away without providing worthwhile deals (to a degree) because of this clunker thing. That and few dealerships have had cars available to see before buying.

Come early Sept when the current deals end I hope to see some more normal incentives to help make up for the lack of clunker money.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The program can't end soon enough for me (or anyone without a clunker).
Agree I am sick of hearing about clunker. When a 94 Acura about to go because it is a clunker but getting 23mpg city doesn't qualify. I think everyone should have to go in and work like I did to get the price down and more than 3x KBB value for their car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow, a dealer that doesn't participate in the program? They must not want a lot of sales.

... Man, I'm in a cynical mood today.
Dealers aren't participating because they have to front the money for the CARS program, then they get reimbursed later. Some dealers around here say they are out over $800,000 already and have no set date when they will get that back. In NY state there are a high percentage of dealers that had already backed out of the program.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I'm waiting for the OTHER shoe to fall. I guess the dealers aren't getting the money in anywhere NEAR the "ten days" they are supposed to be getting the checks from the program. Now I'm reading ALOT of dealers just can't AFFORD to keep participating, because they can't float that long. I know almost NOTHING about how car dealers work, but I have to appreciate that they need to GET the money they spend.

I just have this sneaky feeling we are going to be reading about trouble with the reimbursements soon.

This is a crappy deal for the Kia dealers here in San Diego. They seem to "quit" this Clunker program now twice with little to no warning. At least they have this WEEKEND to try and do their thing. I'm noticing when I drive by that it doesn't look like Pearson Kia or the dealership in El Cajon got any more Souls since the day I walked in last week and they had NONE (I was picking up my headlight caps I ordered). So looks like they will finish this Clunker thing without Soul, unless they are expecting a truck today or something...THAT'S SAD

If you live anywhere in San Diego, I saw about three or four Soul out front of that new place in Oceanside off the 78 (one exit East of I-5). I noticed NONE sitting in front of the weird place with the high "limited availability fee" markups over in Escondido. As of last night, still none at Pearson Kia, and the one in El Cajon.

Yesterday was one of my north county runs for work, so I tend to go by the two dealers up there just for fun :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think everyone will get their money, but the staff of the office verifying the sales was overwhelmed because of the overwhelming response. They are hiring more people. Sounds pretty much like the Ohio State student aid office the first of every quarter.. line stretched on forever and you just had to wait it out...

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Agree I am sick of hearing about clunker. When a 94 Acura about to go because it is a clunker but getting 23mpg city doesn't qualify. I think everyone should have to go in and work like I did to get the price down and more than 3x KBB value for their car.
unfortunately - they were looking at mpg and i think it should have been set higher than it was, especially the second time BUT i sure did like not having to work all that hard to get the price down this time around - hate that negotiating stuff!!

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
no clunker here, no mortgage foolishness here, not a
wallstreet thief.... oh what is a poor US citizen to do
who has made "good decisions" all his life?

Oh yea... pay up!
lol we all know this one, especially those that pay and don't get a tax return and usually end up paying more so cfc was a gift for many of these souls...

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I'm waiting for the OTHER shoe to fall.

I just have this sneaky feeling we are going to be reading about trouble with the reimbursements soon.
I noticed NONE sitting in front of the weird place with the high "limited availability fee" markups over in Escondido. As of last night, still none at Pearson Kia, and the one in El Cajon.
have been reading about prices for used cars/parts etc going up so think that will be part of that other shoe falling.. and i too noticed that dealer where i got soul had no souls after they stopped program and haven't ordered as many new ones either and the prices have gone up ... interesting times for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
no clunker here, no mortgage foolishness here, not a
wallstreet thief.... oh what is a poor US citizen to do
who has made "good decisions" all his life?

Oh yea... pay up!
hodad you hit the nail square on the head! People went out made bad decisions, ran up the price of housing then faltered. Who pays the rest of us. What the hell ever happened to accountability for ones actions. Guess a good upbringing and mindful decision making aren't desired traits in America anymore.
The lesson: Do what ever the hell you want and the government with reward you with little treats like a good pet. Too bad it will end some day. The cash can't flow forever without people putting something back but don't worry live for now it's tomorrows problem.
Sorry to go on a rant here but we need to wake up in this country because the ruling class is selling us out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm glad I just got in when I did. In my case, trading my old Jeep for the Soul was very worthwhile. As far as the politics of it all go, I know there's lots of tax payers (especially republicans) who don't want to keep paying for the rest of us to get new cars. In my case though, it was an excellent opportunity for my family. I am tired of hearing about it on the news though. Seriously though, would you rather they go back to Michael Jackson? :D

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
What the hell ever happened to accountability for ones actions. Guess a good upbringing and mindful decision making aren't desired traits in America anymore.
Good question, I just shook my head as banks were offering
130% of the value of my house. Borrow here, borrow there.

I had no idea that there were so many dolt's falling for this
garbage. THEN we get to throw money at the very people /
companies that started this whole mess.

Study the big depression..... started the same way. Rich
getting richer, breaking all the "common sense" rules of
investment. We sure didn't want another DEPRESSION
but it sure sticks in my craw as I hear about these bonuses
the crooks are giving themselves again.

:mad:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts