Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Kia Soul that I have noticed that the carpet is wet. The first time was after I washed it. The passenger side carpet was wet in the front and back. I just noticed it was wet today after some heavy rain. This time both sides were saturated in the front and in the back. I have seen other posts where people say it is a clogged A/C line. But since the A/C was off I think it is coming from somewhere else. Possibly the front windshield seal. Has anyone had the same problem? I'm going to take it to the dealer, so I will let you know what caused this.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
if its wet in the front and back then its definitely not coming from the a/c drain line. This appears to be a rare case so keep us informed as to what the actual cause was.

........and welcome to the forum. Please fill in your DRIVES profile for future conversations and comments - thanks. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 Kia Soul and found front and back and left and right carpet areas to be wet. The carpet felt wet to the touch and wet underneath both front mats. I pulled the seats and all the trim and peeled the carpeting to the rear and found standing water underneath the carpet. I shop vacuumed the padding, carpeting, and toweled it all down. Left a fan blowing inside vehicle for a day to air it out real good. Due to the way the floor structure is made water in the front can easily make its way to the rear. Anyway, I found the AC hose loose at the HVAC housing under the console and the line plugged going outside the vehicle. My guess is the vehicle was this way from the very beginning. Upon inspection of the hose at the HVAC housing I noticed wetness and an occasional drip. When I pulled the hose off a rush of water came out. The HVAC housing sits under the dash and in front of the console and water was leaking out of the housing on the left and right side probably more when tuning and stopping when the water holding in the HVAC housing would slosh around. So, I blew out the line with compressed air and put a clamp on the hose. NONE FROM FACTORY.

IMG_20130914_104610_223.jpg IMG_20130914_104704_627.jpg IMG_20130914_104248_167.jpg

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Plugged drain hoses have been a problem since the introduction of AC in cars.

They can get clogged with mud, if you drive in mud. Or sometimes bugs will crawl up in there and build a nest, like the good ol' Mud-Dobber.

In any case, the hose can be Roto-Rootered from the open end, with a wire, like a piece of 58U coaxial cable that is stiff enough to do the job, but at the same time flexible enough to navigate the curves and corners.

Many dealers, will have their own little Roto-Rooter for cleaning out those hoses. It saves them a lot of time.

After Rain? Well, that's not the AC, is it? That's usually a poor seal on the Windshield, and not as uncommon as some would think.
Time for a trip to the dealer!

Cheers Mates!
TM :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 Kia Soul and this is the 2nd time this had occurred to me....I noticed it the first time when car developed a "funky" smell because of being wet....and upon investigating, I found the floor to be wet thinking that my daughter had spilled something on the floor. And then again yesterday, I go to get in the pass side of the car and the floor is water logged...(we had 10" of rain over the last several days here)....I didnt have the A/C on, but I did have the heat on a bit but theres no way it could have made it that wet.....so I'm thinking its the windshield seal. I certaiunly hope the dealer doesnt give me smack since its still under warranty.

I will post the outcome.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Ugh, these stories turn my stomach. Soaked ANYTHING in Florida is a death blow - car, house, etc. Well, technically a beach-bunny in a soaked T-shirt isn't a bad thing, but I digress. Mildew and mold sets up camp in no time flat and is incredibly difficult to eradicate. So if you live in a hot, humid climate, getting on these kinds of problems ASAP is critical.

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Ugh, these stories turn my stomach. Soaked ANYTHING in Florida is a death blow - car, house, etc. Well, technically a beach-bunny in a soaked T-shirt isn't a bad thing, but I digress. Mildew and mold sets up camp in no time flat and is incredibly difficult to eradicate. So if you live in a hot, humid climate, getting on these kinds of problems ASAP is critical.
Pennsylvania?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 Kia Soul and this is the 2nd time this had occurred to me....I noticed it the first time when car developed a "funky" smell because of being wet....and upon investigating, I found the floor to be wet thinking that my daughter had spilled something on the floor. And then again yesterday, I go to get in the pass side of the car and the floor is water logged...(we had 10" of rain over the last several days here)....I didnt have the A/C on, but I did have the heat on a bit but theres no way it could have made it that wet.....so I'm thinking its the windshield seal. I certaiunly hope the dealer doesnt give me smack since its still under warranty.

I will post the outcome.
Was there an outcome to this issue? I am experiencing this same issue with my 2012 Kia Sorento and cannot find the root cause anywhere.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
If the car has a sunroof check that the drains are not blocked.

Pat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts