Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2020 Kia Soul about two weeks ago, and while I knew it would not have a spare tire (I had a Hyundai previously), I did not know that the trunk cover was insufficient until I got groceries and the cover collapsed into the hole where the spare should go. I found a spare tire kit online to order, but I'm not sure if I need the kit AND the cargo tray since I've never had this issue in a car. Any ideas if I should just buy the spare and it would be sufficient, or will I need both to prevent collapsing?

·
Registered
2012+ 2.0L W/Manual trans.
663 Posts
Find a cardboard box that's the right height. Lightweight and won't diminish storage capacity.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I don't know about a 2020 but in 2013 all you need is the spare tire. And I'm baffled that it collapsed because in 2013 the "repair" kit came in a foam thing that sat where the spare tire would go so the cover wouldn't just cave in - didn't your car have the same thing?

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,522 Posts
I bought a 2020 Kia Soul about two weeks ago, and while I knew it would not have a spare tire (I had a Hyundai previously), I did not know that the trunk cover was insufficient until I got groceries and the cover collapsed into the hole where the spare should go. I found a spare tire kit online to order, but I'm not sure if I need the kit AND the cargo tray since I've never had this issue in a car. Any ideas if I should just buy the spare and it would be sufficient, or will I need both to prevent collapsing?
Here's some previous chatter on the subject

Search results for query: Cargo floor

·
Registered
2020 LX, cherry black
144 Posts
The spare is sufficient to support your cargo tray. My 2020 thankfully came with a spare. Not including one is total bullshit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts