Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I am really interested in leasing a 2020 Kia Soul but need to make sure it fits my large dog’s travel/car crate. I can’t seem to find the car’s cargo dimensions (in inches) anywhere. The dog crate’s dimensions are 30.5” H, 22.25” W, and 40.25” L. Will this fit into the 2020 Kia Soul with rear seats folded?

Thanks so much for your help! I’m trying to avoid the dealership as long as I can due to all this social distancing. :)

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,079 Posts
I haven't got the dimensions for G3, but have for the G2, I doubt if there would be that much difference.

the cargo area of the 2020 model I got off the web

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I saw this same image but thought (hoped) the 2020 might have a bit more height.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
570 Posts
Thank you! I saw this same image but thought (hoped) the 2020 might have a bit more height.
Gotsa big mouth, 2020 looks wider.
Gonna be a tight fit at 40 1/4 inch wide.
mlght get it in, on top the wheel wells.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just measured my 2020 and your problem is the height. 29" is a real stretch. I'd say it's more like 28+. Your width & lenght would be fine.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I think I'd just swing by a stealership, with tape measure in hand, and get my own measurements. Eh?

Since Height seems to be the critical dimension, I just went outside and measured mine....

The height of the rear hatch opening is 28.5" . (Maximum)

I used to have a Dodge Caravan, which would be perfect for your needs. :)

Stay healthy, my friend,
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
The dual height set up will allow it to fit if you set it on the lid on the lower setting and slide the cage in then move it to upper setting once it is in. Getting past the drop at the door opening is the key. I built a separate lid so you still have storage room below, but that might be more work than you want. Could be easier to buy a cage that’s 28” tall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts