Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Seems the two popular liners to protect the cargo floor in the Soul within the <$75 price range are the OEM Logic Tray or the Findway mat. The logic tray has the dividers, but the Findway is more form-fitted for the whole floor and probably a bit lighter/pliable.

Any of you guys on the forum have an opinion, pro's/con's of these two cargo liners? I want one where the floor would still look good after removing the liner - not the carpet shredded up or imprinted as some can do. And is the logic tray black or gray, can't really tell by photos, I've seen it look black in some and gray in others, or does it come in both colors?

Thanks,

Sonic

·
Registered
24 Posts
My Soul came with the Logic tray, it is black, at least mine is and the dividers are pretty cool, keeps things from sliding around back there. Dont know about the other one. sorry.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
I looked at the things. My car came with the logic stuff but I never use it. I have the stock carpet liner back there but after my last move, I had bought twenty moving pads and they were laying around. I sold off about half of them but I use the others for odd jobs. I keep one in the back of the car and when I put cargo in the car such as mulch or boxes, I cover the area with the moving pad. It is pliable and I don't care if it gets a little messy. Take it out, shake it off and back in it goes. Twelve bucks and it covers the whole area when the seats are down as well as the sides. Other than that the back looks stock all the time.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at the things. My car came with the logic stuff but I never use it. I have the stock carpet liner back there but after my last move, I had bought twenty moving pads and they were laying around. I sold off about half of them but I use the others for odd jobs. I keep one in the back of the car and when I put cargo in the car such as mulch or boxes, I cover the area with the moving pad. It is pliable and I don't care if it gets a little messy. Take it out, shake it off and back in it goes. Twelve bucks and it covers the whole area when the seats are down as well as the sides. Other than that the back looks stock all the time.
What do you do when you shop then? Do you put bags and groceries and other things in the back with nothing securing them? What seems appealing about the logic tray is the ability to stop cargo from flying all over the place.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
I prefer the cargo tray due to the lip around the tray that helps keep any moisture from running off the side. I bought mine from my dealer but you can also purchase them from WeatherTech which offer a couple of other colours other than black. The dealer purchase one says "Kia Motors" on the logo, from WeatherTech it has their name. WeatherTech make them for Kia.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I like the idea of the pads. Right now I just have the cover that came with the car, to cover up that totally redundant Tire Re-Inflation Kit. (which I removed)
Now the cover hides my full size spare, floor jack, hand tools, tow strap, jumper cables and my little air compressor. (it's really BUSY under there)

I suppose a mover's pad to go in there would be good too. I also hit my dealer up for the Cargo Net that was supposed to be a part of the Kit that came with the car.....but didn't.

Some guys have made their own cargo covers out of plywood and carpeting. Just sayin'

Cheers Mates!
TM :cool:

·
Registered
422 Posts
^^TM the cargo area of base and plus/exclaim is different. Plus/exclaim comes with a foam organizer and a cover on top of that.

The logic tray is dark gray. It's darker than the organizer cover maybe that's why it looks black in some pictures.

Personally I love the logic tray dividers. I always wondered if you can use the dividers with the Findway mat, since the dividers just has velcro bottom and the Findway mat looks textured.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
What do you do when you shop then? Do you put bags and groceries and other things in the back with nothing securing them? What seems appealing about the logic tray is the ability to stop cargo from flying all over the place.
Most of the grocery shopping goes with the Base model, I don't do a lot of big shopping in the Exclaim. The base model has the well back there and it holds the groceries. In the Exclaim, when I do shop, I put the groceries in the back seat on the floor or in the rear. If I need to secure the load, I carry a bunch of bungee cords in the wheel well and use them to hook the bags. I have been doing this for years and on other cars besides this one.

I should also mention that the cargo net and extra covers that came with the car are all stored with the original floor mats in plastic bags in the attic. I do not use any of it. I tried it at first but found that I was used to the moving pad and the bungee cords and prefer them as being more versatile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts