Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have been looking for more information on the Kia Soul, since my wife and I start to fall in love with the look of the Soul :D.

Since we like to travel around, for example go camping, fishing we were a bit skeptical about the cargo area length/width. In all the specifications we read it give the info in cu. ft which give you an ideas of the volume. But this doesn't give you the max. length or width of stuff you can put. We were also looking at the Toyota Matrix, which from what Ive found have 150cm cargo area length when put down the set.

So is anyone know what are those cargo area dimension (width/length)?

Thanks for your help.

Fred

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@nitrosportman

Thanks, looking forward for your actual measurement done with precision ;-). But it already give me a good indication that it is not as big as it look on some of the picture.

Fred

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Nitrosportman

WOOOWWW!!! I didnt ask so much of you, thanks a millions times!!! I was thinking to just see a few measurement and imagine the rest in my head :D. But now you even post several picture of the different size (width/length/height). I think this will be plenty enough to keep me busy evaluating all those details for a while :).

I even was LOL when I see you went out again to take another series of picture when hoda66 ask for the diagonal ahahaha! But you use another measurement tape then first time heheheh :p.

Thanks for your collaboration, it was very helpful and I am sure this thread can also be of use for other people like me wondering the same thing.

Now have to show this to my wife and see what she think about it. I know later on this summer we wanna start to shop more seriously for cars. Will see how it compares with our other choice (we also like the Kia Rhondo though it is a bit higher in price and the design isnt as nice as the Soul and our previous choice which is a Toyota Matrix).

Fred

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a 2008 Honda Fit in addition to the Soul, and my large Specialized Stumpjumper FSR fits about the same in both cars.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I even was LOL when I see you went out again to take another series of picture when hoda66 ask for the diagonal ahahaha! But you use another measurement tape then first time heheheh :p.

yeah i laid my small tape measure somewhere in the garage luckily i have 2 spares so thats why its a different tape measure

just helpin out the forum :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seems like a good spot for this question. Love the Soul and if I get one I'll be taking my dogs with me a lot. From previous pictures it appeared that the rear seats didn't fold that flat. From the pics above in looks like they're basically flat. Anyone care to comment about this or their opinion how this car will be for dog owners. Thanks.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Care to measure how much space is under the seats and also a picture of said dog going under the seats?;)

Great job helping out these guys with their questions nitro!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yeah that was a joke :).

Love wiener dogs and he is very cute. Both of your kids are very cute as well and glad to see you can fit a body in the back as well. That will work out for our mafia members ;).

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Nitro...
Is that where you have to ride "safely" when your wife drives?...Hehe...haven't let my wife drive it yet...I gave her my Mazda Tribute instead...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tool Box

I dont know what the exact dimensions are, but I can tell you that this weekend I fit a new tool chest in the back of mine. It measured 41" in length and 41" in height. It weighed in excess of 400 lbs. and took 3 grown men to lay down in the back. The cargo opening measures 36" wide so we had to do some manuvering, but I assure you it fit and with room to spare. If I had to give an estimate I would say with the seats down you can look for about 48" deep by about 45" wide? Just estimates based on the size of the chest.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts