Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all,

Since no installation instructions are provided with the strut bar if one were to purchase it, I've decided to do a short write-up on how to install it in order to make things simple.

Tools you will need:

- Small flathead screwdriver or knife
- 14 mm hex nut socket with rachet and extension
- 14 mm hex nut wrench
- 8 mm hex key or socket

Step 1: Open the hood and remove the wiper cowl. Follow these instructions:

Kia Soul: Replacement - Cowl Top Cover - Body (Interior and Exterior) - Kia Soul 2014-2018 PS Service Manual

Step 2: Now that you have access to the shock tower bolts, use the 14 mm socket to remove the nuts from the inward bolts and upper bolts. Note: You will need to use the 14 mm wrench to remove the upper bolt nut on the driver side because of the wiper motor linkages.

Step 3: Dissasemble the strut bar and fit the 2 blue bases on the the driver and passenger side strut bolts that you've removed the nuts on. Screw on the nuts a couple of threads by hand.

Step 4: Connect the white strut bar between the 2 blue bases using the hex key bolts it came with. Tighten the bolts on the strut bar with the hex key and hex nut wrench and then tighten the nuts on the shock bolts using the hex nut socket or wrench.

Step 5: Re-install the wiper cowl in the reverse order of removal.

Step 6: Close the hood and enjoy the better driving dynamics of your Soul. :joyous:

Caution: There is a possibility that the bolt holes that connect the bar and blue bases will not align. This appeares to be the case in some model years. It certanly was the case in mine...

In my situation, I was forced to mill the holes a bit longer & bigger on the blue bases, and cut and re-weld the blue base mounting bracket on the passenger side.

Be open to that possibility, and prepre your wallet...(unless you know someone with a welder...:wink:)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Any pictures of the install,and installation

·
Registered
499 Posts
thank you for your details reply. I m the person in Carfield Enterprise
Would you care to address the OP's fitment issues of your Strut Bar? Seems clear to me it is NOT for a 2nd Gen Soul.
One should not need to open up holes or have to cut and weld it to make it fit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Would you care to address the OP's fitment issues of your Strut Bar? Seems clear to me it is NOT for a 2nd Gen Soul.
One should not need to open up holes or have to cut and weld it to make it fit.
let me check the details after xmas holiday

1 - 8 of 8 Posts