Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed this kit?
I saw a Soul this week in my area with this kit.
The owner told me he purchased online.
Looked pretty good.Had 5 pieces.CF inserts for the
front bumper driver light cowls,fuel door cover and accent
trim for the fender vents.It was real CF not fake vinyl.
I've been trying to find a source.Have not had any luck.
Would look great on my titanium Soul.
Any info appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
I've done a Google search and tried multiple searches on E-bay. While I found some cool stuff, all I can come up with on these exterior trim pieces you list is nothing. Plenty of dash kits and stuff though.

I'd certainly be interested in the parts you're quoting.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've since found out about this kit.Its from a company called ZCFcovers.com
The cost is $125 for the kit.Free shipping.From what I learned,ZCF has been making
high quality CF parts for the Nissan Z.They have just recently started doing this kit
for the Soul.I called the number on their website and was told that they just have
not put the kit up on their site.They also sell on E-Bay.I ordered a kit.Should get it
by the end of next week.They have sold some kits by word of mouth from Z customers.
From what I saw on the Soul with the kit,it really gives the car a more distinctive look.
I'll post some pics once I get it and install it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My opinion...Good quality vinyl wrap will look the exact same and alot cheaper. It may be real CF but its also a adhesive backing just like vinyl.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not so IMO.Fake is fake.I've seen vinyl wrap.Its a picture of CF twill.Much like a Formica counter top.
It also has no depth.Maybe ok for inside a car,but exterior...?From what I understand,the CF used
on this kit is resin coated with UV blockers.Another thing,I believe this kit fits 2012-2013 Souls.
It may have something to do with the front bumper fog light openings.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My "fake" wrap has plenty of depth and texture. Not a picture at all. Like I said, if quality material is used, it will look the same. Real cf is used as light weight body parts. To use them as accent pieces when vinyl will do the same...what's the point??? Until real cf body panels are produced, quality wrap works. To each is own I guess.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Not so IMO.Fake is fake.I've seen vinyl wrap.Its a picture of CF twill.Much like a Formica counter top.
It also has no depth.Maybe ok for inside a car,but exterior...?
You're obviously not looking at something like 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber. This is textured like real CF weave and catches the light in the same fashion. I've seen sOuLtAkEr's car up close and it looks fabulous, believe me.

3M Di-Noc wrap. Note texture and light reflection.

Big difference to this junk.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess its a matter of taste.Wrap has no depth--its flat.
Check this pic for a comparison.This is real CF from the dress up kit I mentioned. KIA SOUL CARBON FIBER GTV DRESS UP KIT 037.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts