Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I parked my car last Friday night it was running fine. The next morning I went out to start it and it ran incredibly rough and would not idle. I checked it with an odb code reader and it said the cam shaft position sensor intake/bank 1 was the issue. I ordered and replaced it and the car ran about the same. rough no idle. I then ordered and replaced the Crankshaft position sensor. now the car wont start at all. when I take the plugs out they are wet, but when I check for spark, I have spark. not sure where to go from here any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
My apologies for the wrong information on timing belts. it was only the 2009 model that had belts. not sold over there.
Just for a note of caution Ebay Uk list the belts for 2009 for 1.6 to 2011. also many other false listings on filters bulbs etc.

Your service manual mentions the checking of the PCV in the breather pipes. if this is overlooked the valve can stick causing the throttle valve to stick.
Once you have cleaned or replaced PCV remove air pipe to throttle body and look at butterfly valve.
They can stick best not to physically move, spray around butterfly valve liberally with carburettor cleaner to remove carbon and hopefully throttle sensor will take over again.
The only other simple thing can be poor earthing . Read through forum, as well as poor spark sensors get incorrect voltage.

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts