Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2020 GT 2L. The car subtly pulls to the right just about all the time. I know roads are constructed to drain water and have slight grading but my old 2006 Scion XB always drove straight as an arrow on the same roads. I brought the car back the dealer to have the alignment checked. They took it for a test drive and said "they could not duplicate the problem" They attributed the issue to the low profile tires that are more sensitive to the road crown. In any event, I find it annoying. Anyone out there have any thoughts on this? Should I still insist the alignment be checked? Would different tires lessen this issue? The car came with Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 installed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine has lane centering and will steer itself to the center of the lane, maybe if you drive to one side it's trying to center itself. Mine will steer itself even around gradual curves.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has lane centering and will steer itself to the center of the lane, maybe if you drive to one side it's trying to center itself. Mine will steer itself even around gradual curves.
No, this is regular driving with Lane Keep Assist off.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had that happen with a 2011 Forte EX 9 years ago shortly after I bought it. Took it to the dealer and he rotated the tires. Solved the problem. If I recall correctly, he put the right side tires on the left, and vice versa.

·
Registered
2013 manual base
4 Posts
I would definitely push to have it aligned. Ask to see the spec sheet as well, before and after. Worst case, it's confirmed it's not the problem. Best case, your issue is solved!

I'm assuming you already checked tire inflation? If your right front tire is low, that would cause it to pull to the right as well.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
It's been common knowledge for years, that Radial Ply tires should never be Cross-Rotated.
Sounds like if the problem was tire related, they only moved the problem from the front to the back.
I'd rather find the problem and then fix the problem than just move it.
Good Luck!
:cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Nissan Maxima I bought before the Soul pulled to the right. Alignment was fine. Tires were fine. Turned out to be a bent wheel. Had the wheel straightened and the problem solved. It also had low profile tires and did not pull after being fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts