Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife and 17 year old son just had one of the worst experiences of their life. Asked to see Kia Forte 5 base model in different colors. A guy came out from the back and said "come with me". My wife asked "where are you going?" He said "we'll be right back". This clown drove our son 9 miles to another lot they have with more cars. Meanwhile my wife is wondering where they are, and no one can tell her. She texts our son, and he does not know where they are, but they keep in touch by text. FORTY-FIVE MINUTES later our son is back, with a couple of clowns from Kia with a car for him to test drive.
My wife got me on the phone and we unloaded on the manager of the dealership. As far as I am concerned, they kidnapped our minor son. Even if he was an adult, at a car dealer with his mom and brother, what dealership in their right mind would take a customer for a joy ride without telling the customer and his party what the heck they were doing?
I will never buy a Kia, and I will tell everyone I know to never buy a Kia. And That starts with you. DO NOT go to Kia of Cerritos if you don't want your child kidnapped. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

·
Registered
14,724 Posts
My wife and 17 year old son just had one of the worst experiences of their life. Asked to see Kia Forte 5 base model in different colors. A guy came out from the back and said "come with me". My wife asked "where are you going?" He said "we'll be right back". This clown drove our son 9 miles to another lot they have with more cars. Meanwhile my wife is wondering where they are, and no one can tell her. She texts our son, and he does not know where they are, but they keep in touch by text. FORTY-FIVE MINUTES later our son is back, with a couple of clowns from Kia with a car for him to test drive.
My wife got me on the phone and we unloaded on the manager of the dealership. As far as I am concerned, they kidnapped our minor son. Even if he was an adult, at a car dealer with his mom and brother, what dealership in their right mind would take a customer for a joy ride without telling the customer and his party what the heck they were doing?
I will never buy a Kia, and I will tell everyone I know to never buy a Kia. And That starts with you. DO NOT go to Kia of Cerritos if you don't want your child kidnapped. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.
you said your wife kept in touch with your son by text (not exactly "kidnapping"), why did your wife just phone and ask to speak to the guy and just ask the guy where they are or ask someone else at the dealership where they were going (if its was another storage compound of the dealership then most people would know) or contact the guy involved? But that's a dealer problem and you were right to bring it up to the manager, but its nothing to do with KIA, and telling people not to buy a KIA because of that incident is silly - it's fine to say not to buy at KIA or Cerritos (you could post the incident on their Facebook page as to what happened).

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Test drive = kidnapping? Wow, do you even know what kidnapping is?

I feel sorry for your son. Being an over dramatic mommy does more harm than good to the poor kid.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
I had a dealer charge me 3k for a "beauty package" consisting of pin stripes (tape not painted) and door edge moldings.
When the tape started to peel and the door edge moldings as well, I credit disputed 3k and won.
Lesson to be learned here...when the dealership inflates the agreed upon price with unwanted or excessive add-ons (fluff) pay for those separately on your c/c.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bought mine used (2013 base) from dealer here on Long Island. Interesting my tires were also over-inflated to about 43 psi - I was wondering why the ride was so rough. Research through the InterNet goes so far. For instance, same dealer had a Soul same year with low mileage (8K) with a write-up that said WOW! Can you believe this low mileage? I emailed for more into and got a call-back in less than one minute. Yes, that car is available but there is a typo - actual mileage is 20K. I think that is the car I ended up buying anyways. I did get 2% financing but when the finance guy wrote up the contract - he included the extended warranty which I told the salesperson up front - not interested. AND, he had the extended warranty at a higher price than the salesperson quoted me. If there was a way to purchase a new car without going through a dealer . . .

21 - 29 of 29 Posts