Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new Soul owner here and I had a question about the cargo security cover in the back. I bought my Soul used after driving a rental that was a 2014 that had the folding cargo cover. However, my used one did not come with one. There are slots where it should go, but no matter what website I look at, they only sell them up until the 2013 model! Will these fit the 2014? I just don't understand why I can't find it online anywhere to purchase and even at the dealer, they said they can't order it for the 14" because its not available. Sooo, makes no sense to me :culpability:
This is what I'm looking for, but will it fit in a 2014? Thanks!
1384676955-Soul-cargo-area.jpg

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
G1 will not fit G2, totally different mounting brackets and the space is different. Which model of Soul do you have? (please fill out your drive info)

The photo is of a G2, so yes it will fit in a 2014 providing you have the correct mounting brackets like you said you had.

Seems odd that a dealer couldn't get it, as they should be able to obtain every single part of the vehicle - what do they do if it has to be replaced under insurance coverage for example. Wonder if Cobra259 can give us some insite on this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks like the right part, it IS the cargo cover on top that's removable, not the bottom storage cover. I have a soul plus +
The dealer I bought it from is a Subaru/Hyundai dealer, so that may be why they can't find one. I may need to go to an actual Kia dealership. I just thought it was odd that I find plenty of cargo covers for souls up to 2013, but why no online access to 2014 models??

·
Registered
811 Posts
That looks like the right part, it IS the cargo cover on top that's removable, not the bottom storage cover. I have a soul plus +
The dealer I bought it from is a Subaru/Hyundai dealer, so that may be why they can't find one. I may need to go to an actual Kia dealership. I just thought it was odd that I find plenty of cargo covers for souls up to 2013, but why no online access to 2014 models??
Have the dealer you bought the car from pay for it. Buy it on line and hand them the recipe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would buy it online, but that's my problem, I can't find one for my year! When I search for 2014 kia soul cargo cover, only the 08-2013 comes up in my search. I don't understand!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Basically, they don't offer it in North America. The few places I have seen on ebay seem to get them from Europe.

Frankly, I stopped worrying. I put some brightly colored objects in the back and the deep tinted glass seems effective at hiding anything there.

·
Registered
15,165 Posts
did you go visit one?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I took mine out the first week I had Soul Bee It . It could be yours for $ 100.00 shipped but you really don't need one , they are kind of a p i t a . Put anything back there and try to see it from outside . PM me if you want it but I don't recommend it .

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having the same problem, but with a brand new 2015 Soul. I tried to convince hubby that with the privacy glass tinting, nobody should be able to see what is there. He's not agreeing! Does anyone have and suggestions as to where I can find one? Also, where does it hook up? I don't see anywhere for it to go! Uggghhhh!!!!

·
Registered
15,165 Posts
I'm having the same problem, but with a brand new 2015 Soul. I tried to convince hubby that with the privacy glass tinting, nobody should be able to see what is there. He's not agreeing! Does anyone have and suggestions as to where I can find one? Also, where does it hook up? I don't see anywhere for it to go! Uggghhhh!!!!
it all depends on what model you have as to whether you have the brackets to hold it or not. Please fill out your Drive profile and also expand on where you are in the US, sometimes comments/questions can be local related.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts