Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in either the ex or ex + but before I get serious and begin to negotiate perhaps maybe help me out here a bit .

the price of an ex on kia canada site while using build and price tool is as follows - it does not include canadian 13% HST
2020 Soul EX
Lunar Orange (Premium paint) / Black Cloth
MSRP:22,895.00
Colour Charge250.00
Accessories
open
$0.00
Other Taxes & Levies139.00
Delivery & Destination charge 1,795.00
Vehicle Price Question mark25,079.00
Offer Period (01/02/2020 - 02/03/2020).
Dealer may charge up to $499 admin fee where applicable.

link to webpage

however , the local dealers price is at 25,940
link to dealer site

so , even if the timmins kia dealer is adding 499$ admin fee into their price its still roughly 400$ more than kia canada site . Maybe they've also added block heater and floor mats and a few other things I'm not considering .

how much wiggle room have fellow canadians been able to get out of the sales team ?

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,012 Posts
use Car Cost Canada to know where you stand with regards vehicle purchase, that's what I've done for the last three vehicle purchases.

Looking at the build, there is a $1000 cash discount from Kia Canada on that specific model.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used unhaggle and theres really not much room to negotiate ; 1,000$ difference in their cost verses the kia canada msrp 21,900 ish cost verses 22900 ish msrp . I'll have to find out why my local dealer is 900'ish over kia canada msrp though . My guess is admin fee 499$ + block heater , floor mats and other oddball things that add up.

I prefer to lease every 4 years so theres my '16 crv to consider that is done mid-june . Honda dealership is right next to kia dealer so it could be a nice feather in their cap to steal a 32 year honda custumer away by taking the crv off my hands and selling it on their used lot .My crv only has 52,000 km's so they can likely ask and get 19,000-20,000 for it .

you cant beat the kia lease rates which makes big enough difference to keep estimated payments to under 330ish for a ex or 360ish for an ex+

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2015 2.0 litre EX GDI Alien Green II Pearl ~56K km (35K miles) Michelin CrossClimate tires
149 Posts
Does the Ex version have heated seats? Nice feature for Canadian winters.

Are you in a Maritime province? The HST was the clue. (HST = harmonized sales tax where federal and provincial value-added taxes are charge together. Efficient.)

Leasing is attractive for many.

For hands on folks, buying used is always less expensive.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,012 Posts
Does the Ex version have heated seats? Nice feature for Canadian winters.

Are you in a Maritime province? The HST was the clue. (HST = harmonized sales tax where federal and provincial value-added taxes are charge together. Efficient.)

Leasing is attractive for many.

For hands on folks, buying used is always less expensive.
he's in Timmins, Ontario (hover over his avatar for his location. (yours just says BC) All 2020 Soul's have heated seats standard, the EX model also gets heated steering wheel too.

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2015 2.0 litre EX GDI Alien Green II Pearl ~56K km (35K miles) Michelin CrossClimate tires
149 Posts
he's in Timmins, Ontario (hover over his avatar for his location. (yours just says BC) All 2020 Soul's have heated seats standard, the EX model also gets heated steering wheel too.
Right! Ontario did manage to implement the HST. Here in Beautiful British Columbia, wiser heads prevailed and so we still have a traditional, gross value provincial sales tax.

I can see how a heated steering wheel might be welcome in Timmins. None on the 2015 EX.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have that feature in my Soul and wouldn't buy another vehicle without it 👍
Yeah, my hands with Raynauld syndrome would probably appreciate a heated steering wheel. Fingers and thumbs can go pasty white from the cold while the rest of me is toasty warm.

Heating steering wheel envy -- it is a thing, but far less entertaining than Florida Man. :geek:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my budget is 375 'ish pmt per month so I dont mind the extra 30 per month for some of the features the ex+ has verses the ex .
17' wheels verses 16' , sunroof , LED headlights/foglights/taillights/Combination cloth/leather seats,

I would buy a set of blizzaks on steelies for winter

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right! Ontario did manage to implement the HST. Here in Beautiful British Columbia, wiser heads prevailed and so we still have a traditional, gross value provincial sales tax.

I can see how a heated steering wheel might be welcome in Timmins. None on the 2015 EX.
oh heck yes I would love the idea of heated leather wrapped steering wheel . my local dealer has 6 souls but none of them are EX + trim .I actually prefer the alloy wheel style on the EX moreso than the EX + alloys so maybe I go that simpler route . I think my new strategy will be to buy out my crv lease and see how things settle with the ivt issues until 2021 summer .I also think there could be some good deals ahead on Souls and Sportages when the Seltos starts chipping away at their numbers and they start sitting on lots for too long .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts