Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Can you add an air conditioner unit?

4K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  ChilTusk 
#1 ·
I have a 2017 Kia Soul lx. It's a manual and doesn't come with an air conditioner unit by default. Is it possible to add one in? Is it just the motor I need or how would that work?

#7 ·
In the US, adding AC to classic 50 and 60's cars has been done for over 50 years. There are self contained units that can be mounted in the cabin with only the compressor, evaporator and dryer added to the engine compartment.
The interior unit won't look like factory (mounted under dash usually) but you'll be cool. Good Luck!

#11 · (Edited)
Surely you can. I had such a desire. I couldn't just get the one in the car because it wasn't so strong. We are six people in the car, and we needed one for the family. But I took second hand for a more convenient amount. Then I ordered from Aircon is Not Cold - Contact Us Now to Check & Fix to install another one in our car. Why this company? Because they always help us with air conditioner. We request when we need a new one in the house, or to clean it. They are very polite and work operatively. You can call them, without hesitation, you will not regret it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.