Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Kia Soul lx. It's a manual and doesn't come with an air conditioner unit by default. Is it possible to add one in? Is it just the motor I need or how would that work?

·
Registered
686 Posts
I thought all cars had AC these days.
Ima guess it would cost a lot too add. Probably too much to be worthwhile.
See what others say. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
You can also try asking in the right forum section. We're too dumb or too cheap over here in Gen 1 to have your late model version!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Is it possible to add one in?
The air conditioning system needs a compressor, an evaporator, a condenser, a blower motor, some hoses, a dryer, some wires and sensors, and refrigerant with oil at a minimum. The installer needs a few specific tools and the ability to follow proper procedures.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,142 Posts
It's a UK version, who knew they come even more stripped out than here?
the OP's Soul is a base LX Canadian model, the manual version did not come with a/c, if you got the LX automatic version then a/c was included.

·
Registered
48 Posts
In the US, adding AC to classic 50 and 60's cars has been done for over 50 years. There are self contained units that can be mounted in the cabin with only the compressor, evaporator and dryer added to the engine compartment.
The interior unit won't look like factory (mounted under dash usually) but you'll be cool. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
527 Posts
A cheaper option could be adopted...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts