Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum. I plan on getting a new car very soon, and the Kia Soul is number one on my list. However, I can't decide if I would look "cool" in the car. I think I would. I love the look and design of it, but I am worried that many people think the soul isn't very masculine, and is considered a girl's car. I am a man btw. I plan on getting the sport model in "shadow" with the factory "black-out" alloy wheels. What does everyone think? Would it look cool?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think the shadow is the most masculine color, that's why I got one. I have caught some flack from my buddies for buying a "varmit mobile" and a couple asked how many hp would a rainbow sticker add... But that's just my buddies bustin my chops... I love mine and wouldn't buy anything else if I could go back. Lots of room, can carry everything I need, good gas Mileage, comfortable, new and relable with a great warranty...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, i dont really care what anyone thinks. I was just wondering, haha. but thanks for the input! I'm a college student and it would be perfect to move myself back and forth. I took a test drive the other day and, I'm so pumped to get one. It's 10000 times better than my 2001 Ford Escape.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I bought mine mid year last year 2010 (one of the first people in town to own one) and the first on base. I drive a molten plus. I caught and still get the occasional joke but such is the nature of the military, but when in town I get lots of compliments (from girls and old people). Personally I drove the xb, cube and soul and soul was the best bang for the buck and the most fun and best looking. Dude, buy what you want, who cares what others think, if it makes you happy then go for it. Still love my Soul to this day, except lately the Ninja has been getting more love due to the nice riding weather. Best of luck.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
i think the Soul is a funky looking thing and trancends a sexual bias and identity.... but then again i am a vertically challenged, transexually strange, lesbian animal lover according to some.....lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am waiting on a 2012, and about to go crazy in the mean time. I know some of my friend will give me flack, because we are a pretty roudy crowd. I have no problem putting a little something on one of my friends azz's if they get carried away though. Its all in good fun, and we are all mma fans so first time I take one of them down with a double leg, and apply a good arm bar, I can make any of my friends say they wear thongs and g-strings! I am sure I will get razzed from my group, but like I said it is all in good fun. I honestly think buying a soul shows to be more of a smart move than a whimmpy or masculine move. Its is a very logical car, for logical people, man and women alike!!

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
I am waiting on a 2012, and about to go crazy in the mean time. I know some of my friend will give me flack, because we are a pretty roudy crowd. I have no problem putting a little something on one of my friends azz's if they get carried away though. Its all in good fun, and we are all mma fans so first time I take one of them down with a double leg, and apply a good arm bar, I can make any of my friends say they wear thongs and g-strings! I am sure I will get razzed from my group, but like I said it is all in good fun. I honestly think buying a soul shows to be more of a smart move than a whimmpy or masculine move. Its is a very logical car, for logical people, man and women alike!!
Anybody translate that for us old farts?.....i got the "thong and G string" bit - but the rest is a mystery???......lol

·
Registered
245 Posts
HAHA! What a great thread! It was between the Soul and a Mitsubishi Eclipse (which is a chick car big time). The Soul won out for its value to money ratio, and I heard the Eclipses are plagued with problems. Good comment on that rainbow sticker, I will have to think about that for awhile. LOL

·
Registered
74 Posts
To quote **** Jagger:

When I'm watchin' my T.V.
And that man comes on to tell me
How white my shirts can be
But he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke
The same cigarrettes as me

Who cares what the friends think? I'm driving a Soul Shadow Sport, feels very masculine. And my wife has seemed much more friendly since I got the thing, now that I think about it. (Now I know why I'm always so tired...) Then again, I'm just a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks, Tempest, I am in that 'old fart' crowd too, and need the translation myself.

Oh, BTW, very masculine here, and a Soul driver. But what the heck, I love kittens, puppy dogs, butterflies and rainbows too (seriously). So bring on the flames! :) Guiness is my favorite brew though- does that somewhat redeem me?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Guiness is my favorite brew though- does that somewhat redeem me?
Yes, Guiness Extra Stout is one of my all time favorites also. Getting a bit spendy though. Nearly $10. a six pack at "Happy Harrys" the other day. Dos Equis Amber, Newcastle and Leinenkugel Creamy Dark are equally great,

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
This question has been asked many times before. It is a Unisex car enjoyed by both Men and Women. If you need to ask the question, then you are not in tune with yourself or unsure of yourself.

]
I'm in tune with myself but think the hampster thing is a bit on the feminine side. I would not be caught dead with stuffed animals on my dash or hampster decals, emblems etc. but that's just me.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
I'm in tune with myself but think the hampster thing is a bit on the feminine side. I would not be caught dead with stuffed animals on my dash or hampster decals, emblems etc. but that's just me.
So urban Hip-Hop rodents aren't masculine? I've never interpreted that advert as anything less than macho. I think what one does with a SOUL defines how it is viewed by other's more than the actual design. I think that's fairly neutral while being funky at the same time.

I'm surprised that the fitment of Rainbow stickers has never come up in those "How do I increase horsepower?" threads.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
The Soul can only be classified as Masculine if they come with these wheels, otherwise, you're SOL!

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
*sigh* gotta love men and their insecurities...

WHO CARES what society deems as "feminine?" why is feminine a bad thing?? you don't see us women worrying if something's too "masculine..."

love your SOUL regardless of what others think. 9 times out of 10, your oh-so-masculine buddies giving you hell are the ones driving jacked up trucks and muscle cars while spending a fortune on gas.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think the Soul can be whatever you make of it. Unless you're driving the 2011 SE Hamstar Soul, then you're such a priss! LOL

1 - 20 of 42 Posts