Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018's on board storage for storing "My Music" on the head unit provides about 4gb currently. Is there any possible way to increase this amount? I don't know what kind of internal hardware it uses for storage. It might some proprietary memory or if I'm lucky it might be something I can swap out. Does anybody know if this is possible at all?
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
I've never been able to find any way to do that either.

Shaggys idea is best. I bought a 64gig teeny tiny flat Verbatim drive and just leave it plugged in all the time.

I use the onboard drive as my current favorite music playlist.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmm... I might just have to take the head unit out and examine it myself.

I suppose using the on board storage for my most listened-to tracks and having additional music on USB is the best I can do for now. At least I can delete stuff from the on board storage and put transfer other tracks onto it from the USB at any time.

Well, I guess it didn't hurt to ask. Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
on board storage is a joke....the manual claims it can hold 6000 files. I got 80 files loaded and it was full.

the USB is a better option as long as I dont need it to charge my phone

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
I thought the USB port was for music & didn't charge devices.

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
I don't put rechargeable things into the interface USB. It will recharge some things but very, very slowly. I put a dual USB plug into my 180W 12V socket. I also use the USB recharging port that is in the console but also have the 12V port at the base of the console in the back of the console for the rear passengers if I need more ports.

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
I can drive 30 minutes and go from 10% to 15% while using bluetooth music
Oh, I see. You are using the phone for music. Good deal, it does charge a phone some. But as a strict recharging port, the manual says it is not for that, I think just because it is so slow.

·
Registered
238 Posts
If the stupid radio would play HE-AAC compressed files, that 4gb would be a lot of music. Since it only handles mp3, it would be less than a third of my regular load. Using a USB drive right now, but if you take yours apart and find a possible upgrade path, I would be very interested! 32gb onboard would be plenty for me with mp3 @192kbps, think I just loaded around 17gb which was most of my library.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts