Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2020 soul 2.0 lx it has 205/60/16 stock tires on it. can I fit 225/70/16 on it . will the increase to that size cause and issues I am not concerned with speed change because it would be slower. is there enough clearance to run that size .

·
Registered
2021 Soul LX manual
11 Posts
If you go with a 225/55-16, there is only 6/100ths of an inch diameter difference (as in, nothing to speak of)

But you'll probably want/need a wider rim.

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,611 Posts
Why?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you go with a 225/55-16, there is only 6/100ths of an inch diameter difference (as in, nothing to speak of)

But you'll probably want/need a wider rim.
but will those 225/70/16 work i need tires badly and i can get them super cheap what kinda issues would i have other than wider rim . and if I use the stock rims what will be the issues. I am sorry for all questions
I need 4 tires I don't have money and and it my only mode transport back and forth to work

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,611 Posts
Have you popped those puppies on yet? We're waiting to see how they fit.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul LX
17 Posts
Your speed will be @ 10% greater! Doing 80 mph on the freeway by your speedometer will net you 88+ mph on the radar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not
Have you popped those puppies on yet? We're waiting to see how they fit.
not yet I know they would go on the back but I am concerned it they will clear the bottom of the front struts I used a piece of tubing cut it to length of difference between my stock tires and the ones I am debating on seems

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul LX
17 Posts
The new tires are heavier and you will loose HP and torque at the wheel so acceleration will suffer and probably fuel economy as well. I am not sure if this will hurt your drive train. I did see some one in an older Soul, that was jacked up with taller tires on it though. I don't think that the 225's will fit on your rims, they are too wide for the 6.5Jx16 wheels that come stock. I doubt that they will mount. So the simple answer is don't do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The new tires are heavier and you will loose HP and torque at the wheel so acceleration will suffer and probably fuel economy as well. I am not sure if this will hurt your drive train. I did see some one in an older Soul, that was jacked up with taller tires on it though. I don't think that the 225's will fit on your rims, they are too wide for the 6.5Jx16 wheels that come stock. I doubt that they will mount. So the simple answer is don't do it.
Thank you !! Bo that is what I wanted to know . those tires were 4 for 150.00 at the time they are gone now I am desperate for tires money is very tight and I am ridi g with bald tires going into winter. oh well life will go on

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul LX
17 Posts
Try googling 'tire width for wheel rim size' This will give you ideas for tires that will fit on the 6.5J rims.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts