Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 Kia Soul and Apple iPhone 11 Pro used to work just fine, but now I can’t hear the calls.
I’m on 14.2 iOS in my iPhone. Everything is connected. Phone/Soul combined makes calls using handsfree, using Siri, using keypad; and call info displays on the screen, and I’m NOT in privacy mode, but I can’t hear the call when I select Kia Soul audio on my phone ( as opposed to selecting iPhone or speaker as the audio source).
Don’t know if it’s the car or the phone that is the problem. Anyone got the solution?

·
Registered
2021 Kia Soul LX
20 Posts
To be quite frank, I'm an Android phone guy and I've yet to own an Android phone that didn't have some sort of connectivity issues with a car's Bluetooth, mine hiccups all the time, I just get used to having to reset it in the phone and/or car settings. It doesn't bother me because I usually do it while the car is warming up anyway. But I can see how for some people, it can be frustrating. I would unpair the device from the car's audio and forget the car's Bluetooth ID from the phone. Then reconnect. If you have an iPhone, those are pretty good for things like that so I'd have to say if there is a problem it's probably with the car audio system. I think most infotainment systems today have a flash procedure, maybe a dealer can flash the firmware on the infotainment system for free if it's still under warranty. See if that helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found it! Thank you all! I had to reset the volume a few times to make it "stick," but it's working now. Thank you everyone who commented!
Hi.. I just happen to have the same problem with my 2021 kia k5.. It's frustrating.. Can you tell me exactly what have you done to solve the problem.. Many thanks ahead

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I make a phone call using Bluetooth or connected to android auto it sounds robotic. Everything else works fine. Calls have been working fine it just started today. What do I do

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,744 Posts
Hi.. I just happen to have the same problem with my 2021 kia k5.. It's frustrating.. Can you tell me exactly what have you done to solve the problem.. Many thanks ahead
You could try to Private Message the OP. She only jumped on the forum with 2 posts a year and a half ago. I doubt she's hanging around??

Reactions: rhysoul

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
She was kind enough to post the solution that worked for her. Not many do that, so thanks for coming back to let the forum know. (Post 5)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts