Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one want to meet up in the next few months ? if you have an ideas please feel free to post what we can do or where we can all meet. pm me if u would like my cell # to text me since i only get on the site a few days a week.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Someone earlier posted sales numbers for the Soul vs. other econobox "vans" and the Soul came out on top by a large margin, but here in SoCal I see far more Scion Xbs and Nissan Cubes than Souls.

I tried visiting soulhamsters but was put off by the viruses. Can someone who's a member clue me in to how active that group is? When I look at the meet posts on this board it doesn't seem like they ever successfully get together.

Is there a local Kia tuner community in SoCal? Is there a Kia presence in local import car shows? I've driven American cars my entire driving life before this one, so I wouldn't know.

Having said all that, the LA Auto Show is happening this month, and the Convention Center is a stone's throw away from Koreatown, so it would seem like that would be a good place to meet. Can anyone score free tickets? Or recommend a bar-b-que place? :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Someone earlier posted sales numbers for the Soul vs. other econobox "vans" and the Soul came out on top by a large margin, but here in SoCal I see far more Scion Xbs and Nissan Cubes than Souls.
I've noticed that as well. At least for xB, I think the reason is that it's been on the market longer, so there are just more of them out in the world.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There's really no shortage of places we could meet, it's just whether there is any interest in meeting/cruising. Another place I thought that would be neat to meet at/visit is the Kia Design Center in Irvine (where the car was designed). Though I'm not sure what exactly we would be allowed to see there, the thought of meeting at the "Ancestral Home" holds some appeal. Do you think anyone from Kia corporate is aware of this (or any) board?

It would help if there was some "incentive" to meet - like if there was a tuner shop that specialized in these things (like SSD, except local), but I am unaware of one. Most of the Soul owners I see about town are not the twentysomethings that usually heavily mod their cars; they're more like soccer moms or middle-aged guys (like me). These people usually have jobs, LOL. So there needs to be a compelling reason to pack up the car and go somewhere, vs. just to hang out. Especially in SoCal where things are so spread out.

At least that's my take, YMMV. :)

EDIT: Looks like someone else has already done Irvine:

http://www.soultuner.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7026

I wonder how that meet turned out. It looks like that forum is just full of spam now, so no point in asking there..

·
Registered
240 Posts
LOL, yea...that would be me. I just posted on that site to see if anybody else would show up. That meet i remember only about 6-7 Souls show up.
It would be nice if we could get more folks to show up. I am trying to see if anybody from here and Soulhamsters want to have a meet before end of this year. So far the response i got from the other site, most are busy in school and work. Especially school.
About a year ago, we had a great meet at that KIA HQ Irvine, was also sponsored by KIA and free food >_< And that's like at least 20 more Souls showed up. Theres a someone who might be able to help if theres a huge interest for a meet at that KIA HQ.

Ryocho, where in SoCal you at? How about you, MaxiCooper?

·
Registered
422 Posts
LA, close to the border of IE/OC.

Do people outside of LA even considered themselves as in "SoCal"? I know SD technically is SoCal, but everyone I know from there just say they are from SD, never SoCal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd be down for a meeting of Souls in Irvine. Could always hit up the Spectrum for Dave & Busters eats, drinks and games.

It'd have to be a weekend though cuz I work M-F. Let me know, I'll be around.

-J-

·
Registered
58 Posts
I live and work in Costa Mesa, so Irvine would be very close. But I often visit LA as my Mom still lives there and I've been a Kings season ticket holder for like 20 years (fan for over 30 years).

I work at a College, so it would have to be weekends for me too. I'm definitely going to the LA Auto Show; if anyone can score free tickets that would be a good meet. I'm kinda interested to see how Kia presents itself after the MPG fiasco.

Will, what kind of things did you do at the last Irvine meet? Did you get to see any of the design area, concept cars, etc.?

·
Registered
240 Posts
If we are going to have a meet, definitely it will be a weekend.
For the KIA HQ meet years back, that place looks deserted from the outside :) But i remember i got to see different custom design Soul's. 4 complete different wicked Soul's. There are more cars of course. My favorite was the Surfing board design with mini closet for clothes/shoes in the back trunk of the car. There was a giveaways from the sponsor folks and raffle, and food, of course. Fresh cooked burgers.
I don't know what's new now at the place, but i think there's a secret area where nobody is welcomed unless you are invited. You could always stop by yourself, SNOOP around :)
There's a guy from San Diego who is very active member of the group. AiboPet, go get to know him. He knows a lot about that place in Irvine.
And to answer the question about signing up on that other Soul site, i think it's this tracking location thing that causes your antivirus to react.
To see more pictures for that meet, go to the Facebook for that site Soulhamsters.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts