Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to spice up the look of the exterior of my 2013 Kia Soul (Base Model). I found these C Pillar Plates from a site that no longer sells them and was very satisfied by the result. It was optional to put the colored circles in the holes of the pillars, but given that I have a black/red theme with my vehicle, it worked perfectly. They stick very well and are almost perfectly fitted for the window itself. The closest example that I could find for sale (that don't include the colored circles were on ebay: [x].

Has anyone else messed with C-Pillar Plates? I dig the look so far and haven't had any issues with them staying on while driving. I'd recommend them to others.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like the look. I've thought of doing these on mine but haven't jumped at it yet. Not sure how they'd look on my Alien Green one. But looks sharp on yours for sure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! You should. Most that I've found don't have the colored rings on the interior, so that way it wouldn't clash. The rings themselves are super basic so if you know someone that works in plastics, I'm sure they'd be able to make matching 'alien green' ones for you.

Thank you. It was my first exterior mod for the vehicle so I was really nervous about picking one/applying it. I'm satisfied with the result so far.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,474 Posts
Hey Corvus, I think they look great. It's definitely a stylish addition to your black Soul. I like the small circles that keep with the Soul design theme. For some reason it just gives the car a bit more gravitas.

Good eye, good job!

·
Registered
15 Posts
They look great, I ordered the yellow pair off of eBay, can't wait to get them, I think there coming from Korea? May take awhile.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got mine today, Guess What? They were Red, Wanted Yellow. Oh well went to hobby shop and painted them Bright yellow, Only the soul letters, They look nice, I was not going to send them back to South Korea. They fit and they are yellow, I am happy. When I get a pic I will post it. Ordered yellow Ebay,

·
Registered
248 Posts
How do you get them off to clean the window beneath them?

Right, you don't.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I like the look. I've thought of doing these on mine but haven't jumped at it yet. Not sure how they'd look on my Alien Green one. But looks sharp on yours for sure.
I've been debating them as well but didn't think the Alien would look as good as others with them. I think I might ask for them as a gift with out any color just all black. I think these look great with the black soul and red rings

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How do you get them off to clean the window beneath them?

Right, you don't.
I guess if you're super lazy, that's true. I find with the C-Plate being on for quite a few months that the combination of the cover and the plastic circles keeps almost all dirt/debris away from the actual window. If it ever gets bad, its just a simple measure of removing the plate, wiping your window, and re-applying with new 3M tape. A process that would take an hour, at best. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks for the input though! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts