Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I had posted this already but again I can't find it.

I am wondering if anyone else is having a problem with their C-pillar triangle turning white or begining to .

Cheers,

SOUL4U

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Not here, but I use SC1 on all my plastics. SC1 is a motorcycle detailer's silicon protectant just for this sort of thing.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The c-pillar is the very back corner. Front corner is "A-pillar", It is gloss black on your Soul. "B-pillar" is where both your doors meet, but is techinically the "jam" in the middle.

The C-pillar triangle is that very small window on each side towards the back. There is alot of plastic around there, rubber trim because of that small window. THIS surrounding plastic and trim is the area Soul owners are watching this "sun baking" problem show up.

I'm not real sure what they do in the case of a LARGE back side window like the gen1 and gen2 Sportage. I was always tempted to call the back corner a "D-pillar", but I guess all of it back there is still called the C-pillar. Most "5 door" hatchbacks DO always feature a very large back window BEHIND what I always knew as a c-pillar in a sedan.

Its just a REAL small window on Soul

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
Not here, but I use SC1 on all my plastics. SC1 is a motorcycle detailer's silicon protectant just for this sort of thing.
Aibopet, what does it mean SC1....and what is it exatcly.
Thank you already in advance.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yes, I noticed mine is starting to turn white.
Ditto...I had even wondered if the dealership had used Armor-All on mine before it was sold. Looks exactly like what armor-all does to plastic. Granted that usually takes quite a while. Could be just the uber cheap plastic they used aging rapidly.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
thanks for heads up but am changing post.. just did some research into silicone protectant and learned that it is a temporary fix that is not recommended by some b/c it can cause more damage...

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
spoke with a friend that has a boat about fading and he suggested "303 aerospace protectant"... also said that there are dyes out there for those that have already faded that you can treat with and then apply 303 on top...

·
Registered
332 Posts
It's worth note that if the plastic is so cheap it's already turning white...no amount of protectant is going to keep it looking good for very long at all.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
^^ true but boat products usually are pretty good with uv protection and that stuff should last longer than any car product, so looks like in addition to waxing this is gonna be part of maintaining my cheaply made soul lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
This sounds like something that should be covered by a 60 thousand/60 month bumper to bumper warranty. I've owned the car less than a month. If any part of it started fading before I made the first payment, let's just say that I wouldn't be trying to find a product to fix it. I'd find a dealer to fix it.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
lol someone just told me today that he uses "kiwi black shoe polish" on his faded places and said it is way cheap and works just as good... but not so sure i would go liquid and might do paste polish if mine fades b/c no way i wanna let dealer take door/window apart to replace that little panel if that is what they have to do b/c would bet money they probably don't have better material (just yet) and won't put it back together as well as factory....

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
The c-pillar piece is composed of some sort of rubber/neoprene...I used some back to black and they cleaned up quite a bit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts