Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Buying my second Soul Monday

891 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  TXSSSoul 
#1 ·
I bought a 2016 Base model in late 2015. It was my first new car I have ever bought, and I loved it. I put 50k miles on it, doing long road trips around the country. Sadly, my wife was in a serious car wreck in it, and it was totaled. My wife is 100% fine, other than bruising. The Soul was hit on the front passenger side door, and caused the vehicle to tip on its side hitting a guard rail. After two weeks of researching new cars, I kept coming back to the new Soul. I was super drawn to the new Soul “Exclaim” model with the turbo engine. I just got back from the dealer, where I test drove a wild orange Exclaim... and I fell in love again. It’s amazing, especially compared to my old base model. Sadly, it was late in the evening, and we could sign the paperwork then, but I am heading in Monday when they open, to finish purchasing it.

#2 ·
Howdy and welcome to the forums!

#3 ·
Glad to hear your wife is doing so well. I remind my friends that Hyundai/Kia is first & foremost a steel company. They are the only carmaker who produces their own steel. Is it any wonder they are the leader in overall percentage of high strength steel in their cars, making them even safer.

After years of owning Honda & Acura, that's the first thing I noticed in my Gen2 Soul. Damn this bugger is a solid little tank.

You're going to love your new turbo. Plus you got the best color.

Congrats!

#5 ·
Glad to hear your wife is 100% ok. I'm even more at ease now when my wife goes out driving.

My wife and I just upgraded to the 2018 Turbo SX Tech (is that equivalent to the Exclaim model in the US?) Either way there were no other options to add.
We love it. The Turbo makes it a whole new vehicle experience.

Welcome to the forums!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.