Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

My wife is buying an Kia Soul Alien Green II tonight. Is there anything we should know walking into the showroom?

Peter
Charlotte, NC

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey,

My wife is buying an Kia Soul Alien Green II tonight. Is there anything we should know walking into the showroom?

Peter
Charlotte, NC
My wife makes fun of that color XD stating it looks like baby puke. < hopefully no one hates me for typing that :( ha. Honestly make sure not to settle for one that doesn't have all the features she wants. lol and make sure she really wants that color.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I LOVE my Alien Green Soul. I debated about the color but am so glad I got it! I promise it grows on you :)
I have the base Soul and I would absolutely buy the exact same car again if I had it to do over. The only thing I might would opt for is the backup camera.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Hello Peter and welcome to the Soul forums.
If your car is new, read up on PDI and warranty before you go so you now what you should get for your money.
Also even if preloved (used) Make sure you get two sets of keys and key numbers and wheel lock nut numbers recorded in your service book. Good luck hope you both enjoy pick up and the car.

Jeff

·
Registered
95 Posts
You have to be very careful with these cars. Once you bring them home you develop an irresistible urge to start adding things to them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't know if this is too late, not sure if you dealer will do this but they love to push GAP insurance, extended warranties and service contracts, usually just add them in and it is up to you to notice and spend 10 minutes telling them why you don't want it.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
THANKS! What is a PDI?
Every new Kia you pay around $600 to have the car finely prepared and handed over to you with the correct instructions for use and setting up of your phones and UVO. And an introduction to all of the controls.

Jeff

·
Registered
36 Posts
It is funny how the car buying industrial evolved.... Where else must you pay to have them inspect their product before you can take it?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Welcome to the forums, and actually GAP insurance is to be recommended , It means an Canada at any rate if you total the car in an accident in first 12/24 months you get a full payout for a new vehicle not a depreciated amount.

Pat.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome to the forums, and actually GAP insurance is to be recommended , It means an Canada at any rate if you total the car in an accident in first 12/24 months you get a full payout for a new vehicle not a depreciated amount.

Pat.
I disagree.
The chance of that happening is slim and just so you don't have to pay 1 to 3 thousand just go ahead and pay it now. Doesn't make sense. In my case, on a used car, I bought it for a little under value and put money down, my gap isn't much, there is probably a less than 5% chance of it getting totaled, so to avoid paying a thousand or $1500 they wanted me to finance $850. Sorry, doesn't make any sense to me. I will save the money I saved, have that money in the bank soon, and then I will be okay if that slim chance happens, and if it doesn't I can spend my $2000 (850 financed) on something else.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts