Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just noticed this bulge in my front bumper on the right side, just above the fog light. It's weird because it looks like it's pushing out from the inside.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I though it might have been a parking lot ding from another car, but I don't see any signs of another car/object making contact. No scrapes or paint transfer or anything on the paint.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
That sucks. It looks like you might have hit something sharp and pointy and when you backed out of a spot or something, it popped outward looking like it was pushed from behind the bumper. I'm sure you have noticed that though. That is strange.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
55 Posts
definitely looks like something hit the bumper and it popped back out (as the plastic bumpers are designed to do). Note the flaking paint running horizontally under the opening. That flaking is typical when a bumper is hit and then pops back out.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
129 Posts
Bet you it was a hitch/tongue.
That's the #1 parking lot hazard in this country now. People back up their cars/mini vans/PU trucks with these appendages sticking out and hit other people's bumpers, cause damage and then drive off.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Your car hit something, or somebody hit your car. Any other drivers besides you? If not, you got hit in a parking lot and they probably didn't leave a note.*

damaged_bumper.jpg

Check out the circled and numbered areas on a close-up shot. They all show wrinkling in the paint or other damage that is consistent with a low-speed impact.

* - I had this happen to me once, but they DID leave a note. When I noticed the damage on my car, I recalled, that, a few days before, I noted a piece of paper flying out from under my wiper blade as I was driving down the road.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
People are just *******s in general. My Soul was doored when it was 3 weeks old by this car:

This was at the Yankton, SD high school at last years State AAU Wresling Regions. I parked way out at the end of the parking lot when I arrived at the tournament and took my sons in to weigh in. We came out after weigh ins to leave for breakfast to my car being surrounded by minvans and SUV's... the worse kind of cars to be around... cars with kids. I walked by and notice a dent in my rear passenger door.

I was so pissed I wanted to do a pile driver on the hood of the Nissan. But better judgment got a hold of me and I realized not only would my own kids see me doing it, someone else would have probably have seen me and ratted me out.

But I got this picture to remind me gol darn it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts