Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, any suggestions on budget car cover for kia soul?
I found kia's cover cost more than $200 and doubt if that's what I have to pay to cover the kia soul properly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would parking in the sun all year round damage my paint soon? I am not sure if I really should worry about it that much. I probably would sell it within 5 years, would 5 years enough for the paint to fade at all?

·
Registered
2020 Soul GT Line Turbo, Neptune Blue
28 Posts
Would parking in the sun all year round damage my paint soon? I am not sure if I really should worry about it that much. I probably would sell it within 5 years, would 5 years enough for the paint to fade at all?
Assuming you use a quality wax/sealant several times a year, parking in the sun should not damage your paint. Turtle Wax Ice Seal N Shine, in the black bottle, is less than $10 a bottle at my Wal-Mart, is literally "spray on, wipe off," and protects against UV damage. I noticed an immediate improvement in the appearance of my paint, even though the car was brand new, and my insulated tumbler would slide off the edge of my roof it were not for the rails. It's great stuff, amazing stuff for the price.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I use a cover not only for sun, but because there is a big tree over the driveway and plenty of bird sap and tree crap comes down. I suspect a paint job would not last 5 years in the hot sun if you don't wax it often. A decent cover might last 3+ years, but is way cheaper than a paint job. Look on Amazon, try Leader.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts