Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about upgrading the brakes on my 2020 turbo, but going a different way than normal. I have seen the reviews on how great the Veloster N brakes perform, and am wondering if they would bolt onto the soul. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I can only testify, that even as good as OEM KIA brakes are, they can be improved on.

On my 2013 Soul, the brakes were pretty good, but I got a deal from Rock Auto on a set of Wagner Ceramic pads, real cheap. So I bought them and eventually, at about 50k miles, I put them on.
Sure nuff, the stopping power increased remarkably.
I looked for Wagner Ceramics for my 2020 Soul LX, and at last look, they don't offer them.
* I just looked, and Wagner does make a pad for the 2020 Soul. But only for the Rear! But, those don't really wear out...it's the FRONT pads that we need. Those people just don't have it all together!!!

Good luck on your quest. Please let us know what you find.
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX with 3 pedals!
72 Posts
All this talk about brake upgrades got me thinking, what do you want? Stock brakes with the right pedal input can easily get the abs to engage. At that point you will be hard press to stop the car quicker or in a shorter distance on your own. I guess if you had to transit a long grade everyday you may want different pads and disks to prevent fading as heat builds. Changing pads and rotors only changes the gain of pedal pressure to friction generated. Once the control loop is saturated (rotor stops rotating), no amount of additional pressure is going to cause the rotor to stop rotating more! In performance cars there are advantages to reducing the rotor mass and also the unsprung weight of the driveline. If you are tracking the car (or transversing long grades) then changing friction compounds that do not fade under high heat conditions could/ should be considered. However for the the other 99.99% of us, it is a waste of money. So back to my original question, what do people want in “better” brakes?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Power stop kits are the gold standard.
I would have to disagree based on the current set I have on my car. Put on the Z26 drilled and slotted. I've done the break-in procedure on them and they are still extremely noisy. They are much less dusty than the OEMs, but I don't think I'd recommend the brand to anyone else.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would like better performance with less fade. Also a caliper that doesn't look like it comes from a third world country. I mean, they could have at least made it look like performance brakes. But, back to the essence of my original question, would the Veloster N brakes fit on the 2020 soul turbo?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts