Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a set of EBC slotted rotors and green stuff parts. That feel great over stock. They only glitch that I had was this. I did not know that there was a difference in size between the rear rotors on a 1.6 and a 2.0. There are many websites that list them as the same size. The parking brake shoes are wider on the 2.0

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
The parking brake shoes, rotors, calipers they are ALL the same, 1.6. 2.0 all the SAME brakes, no diff at all.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
The only thing better than slotted rotors, is 'Drilled and Slotted' rotors.

At the current rate of wear, I'll either die or trade off my car before it ever needs new brakes, but if I ever decided to pull a camper out to the Rockies, I would probably want to upgrade the brakes. (at 32 k miles, my front brake pads are still like new.)

:cool:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ Sradiator. The coating wears off the disc after a few days. And it is supposed to limit corrosion. We'll see.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
@ Sradiator. The coating wears off the disc after a few days. And it is supposed to limit corrosion. We'll see.

I guess it Would limit corrosion where ever it still remained but most any coating would accomplish that.
EBC is quality stuff so I am sure they know what they are doing.
I think the cadmium plated drilled rotors would look sweet as well.
As a motorcyclist I have seen drilled/slotted rotors over the years and the debate still rages on which is most effective.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
If slotted rotors are GOOD, and drilled rotors are GOOD, then wouldn't Drilled & Slotted rotors be "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!" ???

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I use "Drilled & Slotted" rotors with Ceramic Pads... It takes 10,000 miles for them to Quiet down... It is really cool when you first put them on, and use them Brakes HARD. Sounds like a turbine winding down...<:)) To bad it fades away after 10,000 miles of ware in... The word for this Wheel & Brake Package is "BAD A$$"...!!!
"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!"

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
That settles it! I gotta git me some.

But those in the picture won't work on my Soul......they only have three lug bolt holes!

Reactions: Soul.Master.007

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
That settles it! I gotta git me some.

But those in the picture won't work on my Soul......they only have three lug bolt holes!

Good set of rotors for a 2013 SOUL
Mfr. label: Extreme Performance Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotor
2 Rotors Per Box; Sold as a set of left and right rotor;
PartType: Disc Brake Rotor Set
Position: Front
Quantity Required:1
NOTE: Left & Right, so get the turning direction right...

Powerstop JBR1136XPR Drilled and Slotted Front | eBay

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
That ad is so comical! It says for the 2013 Kia Soul "Naturally Aspirated" and NO SOUL is Naturally Aspirated.....we all have electronic fuel injection, not carburetors.

A minor fopah or a glaring error?

Guess I'll not be ordering anything from them.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
That ad is so comical! It says for the 2013 Kia Soul "Naturally Aspirated" and NO SOUL is Naturally Aspirated.....we all have electronic fuel injection, not carburetors.

A minor fopah or a glaring error?

Guess I'll not be ordering anything from them.

A naturally aspirated engine is an internal combustion engine in which air intake depends solely on atmospheric pressure. Nothing to do with carburetor vs fuel injection.

An engine with a turbo for instance would not be naturally aspirated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts