Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! Did I just get a car I shouldnt have??? My Kia Soul 2.0L Automatic has almost no brake fluid left...E Brake light is on today and doesnt go off...of course its Saturday so cant get anyone til Monday...Am freaking out, because am wondering if this is just the beginning of a long road in a crap car???:eek:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
That my friend is poor dealer pre delivery inspection....I would threaten a lawsuit and see what you get for free from your outrage....Its is the dealer's mechanic that is responsible to check fluid levels and brake functioning before you pick up your car.

As for the fluid...go buy some at any auto supply place....the fluid type is listed in your manual.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I agree with my fellow forumians. I also think it is an excellent idea for everyone who owns any kind of vehicle to be familiar with how to check fluids and know where to add them and which ones to use. Ditto with tires. I feel lucky that my father (who was an aerospace engineer) taught all of his girls how to do these things. :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Looks to me like some of the dealers out there have no clue whatsoever...
Too bad that reflects on the car in a negative way...
Kris

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everybody! I am currently negotiating settlement, LOL, with the dealership. They are scrambling on a Sunday to find out how to please me...There was no leak from the bottle I do know how to check fluids it was fine when i left the dealer lot 3 weeks ago and i dont normally check fluids on a car 3 weeks old so that is why I didnt notice...the cap was on tight when i popped the hood, but there is this greasy grime all over the engine and the brake area under the engine was definitely running hot i could feel it on my feet inside the car like a spot light was directly on my foot! I truly love the car, but I gave the dealer my perfectly running car in exchange for the soul which i expect to be running in return!!! We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I had to wait 4hrs and 5 phone calls to get anywhere with the dealership I am less than pleased with them...they tried to tell me they don't do loaner cars but when I finally get the manager he said he was sending me a car and funny they had a loaner form for me to sign?! Anyways I won't know anything more til tomorrow...so far dealer has negative points from me.

·
Banned
288 Posts
Looks to me like some of the dealers out there have no clue whatsoever...
Too bad that reflects on the car in a negative way...
Kris
Oh yeah, some dealers out there are downright idiots. Like a Kia dealer near me, they tried to give me $4,500 for my trade-in when it's not even worth $500! Reason why is so they could get one more sale in before the end of June (we're waiting for the CARS rebate at the end of July). When they said that I just got up and left, no way I would actually get that much for my clunker.

Anyhow, that dealer is clearly an idiot. What dealership DOESN'T do loaner cars???

Although you do have to give them some credit for doing these things on a Sunday as most dealerships are closed on Sundays.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
they earn a few points back today as someone did call me this morning to apologize for yesterday and all they were told by the guy from yesterday was that my brake light was staying on? What an idiot! Hopefully they knock him back to coffee boy, he should not be anywhere near the phone!!!

Exactly my point, what dealer does NOT do loaner cars???

And, The Kia motto is 24 hrs a day 7 days a week...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Oh yeah, some dealers out there are downright idiots. Like a Kia dealer near me, they tried to give me $4,500 for my trade-in when it's not even worth $500! Reason why is so they could get one more sale in before the end of June (we're waiting for the CARS rebate at the end of July). When they said that I just got up and left, no way I would actually get that much for my clunker.

Anyhow, that dealer is clearly an idiot. What dealership DOESN'T do loaner cars???

Although you do have to give them some credit for doing these things on a Sunday as most dealerships are closed on Sundays.
The big chance KIA has during these tough times is thanks to the great product that must be accompanied by the excellent customer service. Sadly seems that too many dealers are counting on Souls and Fortes selling "themselves" and they don't like the homework that comes with the job.

Bad dealer experiences damage the product reputation. No matter how great our little car, dealers MUST exceeded customers expectations, or Kia's fight for market share is futile.
Kris

·
Registered
122 Posts
Doesnt Kia do a dealership experience survey after a purchase of a Kia like Hyundai does? The Hyundai dealers practically beg the customers to give them a good score because when they do, the dealers get a large bonus from Hyundai. I hope Kia has something similar to this (since they are corporate sisters) so that we customers can keep a tight leash on these less than stellar dealers.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Doesnt Kia do a dealership experience survey after a purchase of a Kia like Hyundai does? The Hyundai dealers practically beg the customers to give them a good score because when they do, the dealers get a large bonus from Hyundai. I hope Kia has something similar to this (since they are corporate sisters) so that we customers can keep a tight leash on these less than stellar dealers.
I was contacted by JD Power regarding my dealer experience within about 5 days of purchase. I'd be curious if others were contacted too?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was contacted by JD Power and I had nothing bad to say...They should contact people after the first time they have had to have some kind of service, because my score and comments would not be the same...
the service department was far more sympathetic to my problem...blown master cylinder! So who fell asleep that day???
parts were overnighted and i should get my Soul back today...I will be going to the dealer and speaking with their management when i go pick up my car and let them know how "ineffective" their weekend crew is....idiots!
Wish i would have went to a different dealer now!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh and

"Although you do have to give them some credit for doing these things on a Sunday as most dealerships are closed on Sundays."

To this I can only reply that the dealership is open on Sundays, and as such I expect them to be of every assistance especially do to the nature of my call! I dont give a rats behind that the service area was closed, my complaint is the dealers inadequacy in providing the key element that would have made me feel better about what was going on with my brand NEW car! Instead of telling me and holding me for 4 hours figuring out IF they can do a loaner car, they should have been all over it to get me what i needed. I will not refer anyone to their dealership....

And sadly...I would have 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Oh yeah, some dealers out there are downright idiots. Like a Kia dealer near me, they tried to give me $4,500 for my trade-in when it's not even worth $500!
:confused:!!

Well, I hope that the rebate you're waiting for is worth at least 4000$.

If a dealer is going to offer you that much more for a car that`s their decision. Not necessarily stupidity. It might be worth more than 4000$ to them in dealer rebates due to sales numbers.

·
Registered
337 Posts
If a dealer is going to offer you that much more for a car that`s their decision. Not necessarily stupidity. It might be worth more than 4000$ to them in dealer rebates due to sales numbers.
I share your confusion. Dealers have specific book prices that we consumers can't get access to (typically NADA black book, etc) without paying heavy fees. If their books, plus their sales incentives, are high enough, they'll give you more than you might expect. Looking that gift horse in the mouth is usually a bad idea... they're out to maximize their profits, and get you to buy a car at the same time. Can't hurt to get offered extra cash...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts