Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did cry! But first, when she came to my window she said that she didn't see any damage, did I want to exchange information? I wanted to tell her that I was going to punch her in the face. But I refrained. After I drove away, I cried. (and heck yes there is damage!)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
You didn't get out and check?? and yes I would have gotten her information and insurance company.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Oh, that's terrible! I remember your posts and pics while deciding on a color, etc. Why can't people run into us BEFORE we get a new car?? Anyway, guess it's better to get rear-ended and just need a new bumper than to get hit in the front or side and tear up body-work and mechanical stuff.

My last new car was rear-ended at a red light 9 months after I bought it. It needed a new bumper, even buckled the left rear fender a little. But after they fixed it up I kept it 12 more years, and it still looked good, so your SOUL should be fine when they fix it up. I've had my SOUL 11 months now and haven't been hit yet, but I get really nervous at red lights when I see people running up behind me looking down at something else; hope I can make it to the 1 year mark this time!

Good luck with the repairs and all, and glad you're OK!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the encouragement, I am really glad it was just the bumper and I hope I have the Soul for lots of years after this. :)

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Sorry to hear the news. Make sure you get lots of good reports of the place you allocate the repair too. And good luck for the future......it wasnt the cars fault - so lots of happy motoring.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Here is a recent post from another rearendee. Sounds encouraging as far as the possibility it is only bumper damage and easy to repair!

From soulman#1: "I had my Plus 1 week and got hit in the rear at a stoplight. A Nissan Frontier knocked me about 5 feet and when I got out I expected to see the bumper in the road. I was surprised how little damage was done and was able to get his insurance to cover it. The color match was perfect and I cannot tell anything happened to it. I took it to the Kia training center in Duluth Ga before the repair and they were really impressed how the rear end held up"
http://www.kiasoulforums.com/2-soul-general-discussion/7336-somebody-hit-my-baby-2.html#post85577

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes very sad - i get very upset when another car comes close to mine - i can't image actually being hit - hope everything works out well for you

·
Registered
73 Posts
I feel for you man, that sucks. My insurance is high because of the area I live in... there are a lot of accidents around here because people around here are horrible drivers. Every morning I play a little game during the 23 minute drive to work and I count how many stupid things people do along the way... running red lights, not using their turn signal, cutting people off etc. Usually by the time I get to work the count is up about 20 which is about a stupid move per minute. And when I drive home it is almost a guarantee that I'll drive by some sort of fender bender between the highway exit and my house, and for some reason at least one of the cars involved is always a mini-van. Then once I'm home and outside walking my dog all I hear is not-stop sirens coming from the various emergency vehicles rushing to all the crash sites.

Anyways, I remember the first couple of days I got my Soul, it seemed like my car was an idiot magnet. For some reason I was getting cut off or nearly hit on a daily basis, weird.

One last thing, anytime you notice someone doing something stupid on the roads pull up next to them and I bet you'll see them holding a cellphone up to their stupid head. Where I live it's illegal to drive and hold a cellphone but that doesn't stop all the phone zombies around here. RAWR!

·
Registered
728 Posts
sorry to hear...

These people make me soo mad.
OMG!
It isn't like Soul has small and poorly lit rear lights... In fact it has some of the largest and brightest lights of any car.

What was this dummy's excuse... It can't be she didn't see you... It must be she is an idiot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On my way back to work from picking up my new Soul at lunch, I was sitting in the middle turn lane on a 5 lane road waiting to turn into work and a truck passed by, threw a rock and put a quarter size crack in my windshield. I was on the blue tooth with a friend when it happened and she said it sounded like a gun shot and then she heard me scream " NOOOOOOOOO!"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Window Chip as well!

Soxfan, I had my car two days and since the weather was warm, I had a number of bugs on the windshield...went to get my car washed (at the dealer, who provides a free wash for customers on Saturdays) and imagine my dismay to find out the "smeared bug" I thought I had was actually an etch on the window. I have no idea when this happened (certainly didn't hear a loud noise like you did), but I thought, man, less than 100 miles since I picked up the car and it's already flawed.

Arrrrrrrgh :mad:

-scott

·
Registered
23 Posts
Some frustrating stories... That is a new car owner's worst nightmare, I live in fear of that happening to me too. Unfortunately/Fortunately it's random chance and not soul driver error! (Everyone knows we Soul owners rock on the road!)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts