Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really excited, first new car and Got a great deal on a 2010. Two questions though....

1-It has a few scratches on the hood, I suppose from shipping (they said it was right off their truck), they aren't deep, but it is NEW. Dealer said they would take care of it next week, so should I tell them I want a new hood or just let them bug=ff them out or what not?

2-The only option I wanted was the audio upgrade packe=age, but of course they didn't have one with it. So I am wondering if anyone knows if its possible to get an after market woofer to fit in where the factory one would have gone? also the center speaker on the dash? I want it to look clean and as good as the factory. Any links to good ones?

Thanks everyone and I am happy to be a part of the KIA SOUL family :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am really excited, first new car and Got a great deal on a 2010. Two questions though....

Thanks everyone and I am happy to be a part of the KIA SOUL family :)
Welcome to our little community. I'm sure you're going to love your Soul. I've seen people selling the upgraded stereo before but can't remember exactly which site I saw it on. You might want to try EBay too. You might also want to watch the classified ads here. Good luck and enjoy your Soul!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Welcome from the frozen north (17" of snow yesterday!).

People seem to have addressed the issue of the upgraded sound system; my only observation is that you can get really good installs of really good equipment, but they don't come cheap. You might want to go to a place that specializes in car electronics to see if they can offer any options which would work out better for you.

As for the hood, it's a shame it's happened to a new car. If it's something which literally could "buff out", I'd say let the dealer take care of it. If it's more complex than that, though, I'd decide if I could live with it. First, if they're not charging you for the fix, their incentive is to get the job done as quickly and cheaply as possible. That may net you a hood that's been fixed -- and looks like it. In addition, almost nothing they can do in the service bay (or body shop, if you're lucky enough) will be done under the same optimal conditions they have in the factory. I've seen bad paint jobs and dust and dirt trapped in paint from dealer body shops -- not pretty. Third, even if they replaced the entire hood, you could still find it a shade of color off from the original due to dye-lot differences.

Be very careful what you think or hope you're going to get versus what they have the incentive to give you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts