Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Bought a used Soul but it smells like cigarettes…replace the ceiling?

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  jerrs 
#1 ·
I recently bought a used 2013 ! and it smells like cigarettes. It was detailed a while back, but it still smells. I think it’s the ceiling.

Can the ceilings be cleaned? I know they’re foam and you can’t get them wet. Either it’s gonna have to be cleaned or the foam replaced to get that smell out.

#7 ·
Reactions: westslope
#12 ·
You can also try this.....

Liquid Fluid Personal care Packaging and labeling Service

Reactions: GeoSoul
#16 ·
Our latest Dodge Caravan had been detailed pretty carefully before we bought it 2 or 3 yrs ago but the cigarette smoke smell persisted in the heat/AC ductwork. Tried several things and the only one that worked was borrowing a friends commercial ozone generator and doing 3 or 4 treatments with the heater blower set on high and recirculate (used a trickle charger during). About 45 minutes each and let it sit overnight before airing it out to drive between them. Gone and hasn't come back.

#20 ·
Smoking or vaping anything while driving should be illegal.

Leaving an open bowl of baking soda over several days should help a bit.

Using a small portable rug cleaner and/or a steam cleaner to do the ceiling fabric should help.

Keep in mind that those pesky researchers have been looking into the health effects of third-hand tobacco in recent years. In passing, if there is such a thing as a 'gateway drug', tobacco is it.

#21 ·
A lot of good ideas but the first thing you should do is replace the air filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.