Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Bluetooth Voice Recognition Problem

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  two souls 
#1 ·
how do you turn on/off the voice prompts? I wonder if I have done this by accident ( turned off ) as my voice recognition is suddenly not working the past few days on my 2011 Kia Soul, with factory installed Bluetooth. I push the button on the steering wheel to make a call and nothing happens and on my stereo screen it just says "please wait" and no voice asks me to Call, Name or Number etc. I can receive incoming calls, and my iPhone music will play over my stereo speakers and everything is connected properly with my phone. I just don't have the female voice prompting me anymore, its not working and its driving me nuts.

#2 ·
If it is just a matter of the voice being mute and you have no other issues, try this: when you hit a place where the chick should be talking, try raising the volume. On the 2014, you can adjust the navigation voice level by adjusting the level WHILE the chick is speaking. Maybe that's what happened to you and maybe it extends to the voice prompts too.

#3 ·
On my 2011 sportage with nav. there was something I believe under settings that you could set for beginner or advanced . (maybe not worded this way) Beginner gave voice prompts , advanced did not . Maybe go to kia.com , register your car there if you havent done that , and see if they have a video on it . If I still had my sportage I would check it for you but ...it's gone .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.