Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Soul (10 days old) and the instructions for my phone, I have already been using the bluetooth with my phone but want better voice recognition, say to hold the end call button for 10 seconds to get a prompt. Nothing happens. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
we need details on your Soul, could you fill out your DRIVES profile on the left side. We don't know what type of stereo system, is UVO, NAV or standard stereo?

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
thanks, but you might want to add the version you have to your profile base or +, as we might require that for future conversations on other things.
Sorry, can't help you with your problem as I don't have any use for the bluetooth features on my Soul, so know nothing about them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can't say I'm lucky enough to own a '13, but I do own a '12; in my menu there is an option to set up a voice profile. If they kept this feature around for the new models, it may help you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am sorry if this is off topic. I want to post a new question but I cannot see anywhere to do this. My Question is as follows: I own a 2013 Soul! The bluetooth will not recognize my command to "call home". "Home" is a contact in my address book. Thanks for any help you can give. Also how do you post a new post. Thanks

jis1, Jeff (KB8PIH)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have to say 'call' then wait for the dumb thing to ask 'by name or by number?' before I say 'by name'. Then I have to wait for it to ask for the name before I say the name. Any attempt to save seconds in the process invariably ends up with me swearing at the speaker.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I have to say 'call' then wait for the dumb thing to ask 'by name or by number?' before I say 'by name'. Then I have to wait for it to ask for the name before I say the name. Any attempt to save seconds in the process invariably ends up with me swearing at the speaker.
I think this is the way it works. You have to wait through each prompt. I have also found that certain names either make no sense to the computer, or sound too close to others, so I set up a few custom contacts in my phone. For example, I have a contact called "My house" with nothing on it but my home phone number. That speeds up the process.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 12 soul and don't have to wait between prompts. It will get confused with some names for sure. If you have similar names it may not recognize. Maybe try naming it house and see if that works :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I pause just slightly between commands, such as "Call, mom, on mobile." I pattern my command after its request for confirmation. It recognizes fine without wading through individual commands. It seems more likely to get confused if the A/C is on high so I turn it down before I start.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts