Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain the "priority" selection for the bluetooth? My husband and I each have a bluetooth phone and they are both paired with my Soul. I assumed setting the "priority" would mean that phone would connect when the car is started. If it was not in range, the second phone would connect. But that's not the case. If I set a phone to have priority, it connects, but the other does not. If I then use the "select" function to connect the other phone, the next time the car is started it no longer connets to the "priority" phone. Is something wrong with my bluetooth?

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,014 Posts
2010? Mine used to do that but I swapped it out for a 2011 radio and it works like you describe.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Priority, at least in the 2012 standard radio, just means that it will look for that one first. HOWEVER... it is a bit misleading. It will look for the one it was paired with last before it looks for the priority phone. They likely did this because if you pair a device thats not priority and select it then shut the car off to gass it up they didnt want you to have to reselect it again when you turn the car back on. This is perfectly normal and found in many other aftermarket headunits.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have 2 phones I set my work phone priority my personal phone I want when rings to be able to answer Can you get 2 phones to work simultaneity on Bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Zombie post!

I believe it will pair with either phone but there is a priority and you have to change that in the radio. In other words if you have phone A as the top priority, and phone B rings, nothing is going to happen. I ran into this because I have 2 Kia Souls. If I forget and don't turn my bluetooth off on my phone when I get into my wife's car, not only does my phone pair with her car, it screws up the pairing on my current car by creating another Kia setup in my phone.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
I have 2 phones I set my work phone priority my personal phone I want when rings to be able to answer Can you get 2 phones to work simultaneity on Bluetooth.
The Bluetooth paring on the Soul will only pair actively with one phone at a time, hence the priority. However, you can pair up to five devices through the Bluetooth, but only the priority device will be in active operation. So if you have two phones paired, you have to pick the one that is priority, the other(s) will not be active.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
The Bluetooth paring on the Soul will only pair actively with one phone at a time, hence the priority. However, you can pair up to five devices through the Bluetooth, but only the priority device will be in active operation. So if you have two phones paired, you have to pick the one that is priority, the other(s) will not be active.
Thanks for clarifying this Shaggy. I forgot to add to my post that I do not have a problem with the double Kia pairings if my wife is in the car at the same time and has her phone on her, as her phone is the priority in her car and thus it ignores my phone. I only have a problem if I forget to turn off my bluetooth and she is not with me or forgets her phone.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yes - this is what our dealership told us too. My wife and I each have phones. Sometimes she takes the car (45-mile commute) alone, but when we are in the car together, I am driving 99.9% of the time. Since it is easier for her to pick up her phone and answer when we are both in the car, they set mine for the priority. This way, it still connects to hers when she is driving alone, but it connects to mine when we are both in the car. Like ShaggyWierdo said, it will only connect with one phone at a time. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts