57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my old 2010 Soul, I could say... "Call >First Last< @ home ...... YES

Now with my 2011.. I have to.... "Call >Last First< @ home ...... YES

I have not changed phones... I have an original iPhone 3G

Any one having this problem or know how to fix it?:confused:

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,015 Posts
It has to do with the radio firmware. The up side is you can now stream music to the radio via bluetooth.

·
Registered
262 Posts
maybe its the way your phone is storing entries. I avoid this problem by listing everyone just by their first names. (Don't have a lot of contacts). So for me there's no ambiguity.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe its the way your phone is storing entries. I avoid this problem by listing everyone just by their first names. (Don't have a lot of contacts). So for me there's no ambiguity.
I tried switching in my phone... list by first... and it did not change anything. I , have started programming phone number in my radio, the new phonebook feature.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just a quick bump...

Can anyone with a 2011 confirm that they are having this phone problem... or is it just me?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have to say last, first... And I have a 2011 Soul+

My sister in law can say first, last... and she has a 2o11 Soul Tiger edition.

Go figure.....

·
Registered
116 Posts
i think it has to do with the way your phone stores the contacts. check the settings on the phone and on the radio. i want to think there was a way of changing it

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a soul + 2011 model and my bluetooth works by saying first name and then last name. It has to do with how your phone stores the names. I have an HTC evo.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think it has to do with the way your phone stores the contacts. check the settings on the phone and on the radio. i want to think there was a way of changing it
that is the first thing i did....

But had a 2010 soul last year with the same phone, no changes with the phone... and with the 2011 last first......

·
Registered
148 Posts
Negative ghost rider. I tried that. Nada. Still have to say it last name, first name.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I too had this problem with my iPhone 3G and miraculously it went away...and I have no explanation for it unless the dealer did something while my vehicle was in for maintenance without my knowledge.

My wifes new Forte has the same problem (LAST, FIRST @ XXX) and our phones are set up in an identical manner.

·
Registered
148 Posts
What phone do you have? Maybe we can figure this one out

I have the iPhone 3g and a Soul+. My sister in law has the iPhone 4 and the Soul Tiger SE. Mine is last, first.... her's is first, last.

I've changed my settings in my phone, but it doesn't affect the car.

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,015 Posts
I am going to make a rather odd suggestion.

Restore your iPhone, set as new phone, and order the contacts by first name first. then re-pair the phone to the car.

I have seen iPhones do some strange things. And I have owned the first one a 3G, and now the 4.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It seems it's the iPhone 3G is the problem.

Hopefully we'll all upgrade to the iPhone 5 and the problem will be solved.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts