Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Kia Soul Sport. For the past year it has been paired with only one phone. 3 days ago the bluetooth connect symbol did not show up. If I go into the setup menu and select the phone option I get the message "System Not Ready. Please Try Back In A Moment." If I check on my phones side of things it still shows it paired with the Soul but not connected. If I try to connect from the phones side it cannot connect.

I've seen others with this problem here but the posts are years old and I'm not seeing a solution. Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
did you try deleting your phone and repairing it all over again?

|sent from my HTC Inspire via AutoGuide app using Swiftkey 3. Pardon errors.|

·
Registered
491 Posts
I've had the same problem a couple of times, especially since I got a Korean phone that doesn't mate well with the Korean car!

Last time I had to re-add the car to the phone, even though it showed as being paired. That involved re-entering the code for the car, which is the 4 digits on the dash when you go to PAIR a phone. In my case that was 0000.

Since that it has worked well.

2011 Soul 4u Manual
Edition

_Our car's webpage: SoulTrain's favorite Soul linkshttp://www.garytownshend.com/Soul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you try deleting your phone and repairing it all over again?

I cannot get into the phone controls on the Kia side. As soon as I select the phone option via the radio controls the "system not ready ... " error message displays. I can't get past that. So while I could delete it off my phone, I'd still have no way to set it back up again from the Kia side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had the same problem a couple of times, especially since I got a Korean phone that doesn't mate well with the Korean car!

Last time I had to re-add the car to the phone, even though it showed as being paired. That involved re-entering the code for the car, which is the 4 digits on the dash when you go to PAIR a phone. In my case that was 0000.

Since that it has worked well.
I have a Droid and I've had zero problems with the pairing for the past year. Not sure why it is being so obstinate now. I could delete the pairing from my phone side but since I cannot get into the actual pairing menu on the Kia side I'd still have no way to re-set it. I go into the options menu via the radio, tune it to "phone" and as soon as I select it the display changes to "System not ready. Please try back in a moment." There is no way past that and it's been saying that for several days now. Grrr!

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
ooohhh i see. yeah, i would suggest taking it to your dealer. that'd be beyond frustrating for me.

or you could check the manual to see if it mentions a way to reset the system?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with my Samsung S3 on my soul 2011. The radio do not recognise automaticaly my phone. I have to pair using my cell every time. I have a nother cell before and every thing was working well even with 2 cell register in the radio.

·
Registered
214 Posts
You're all missing the point... it's not the phone, it's the BT on the sound system. There's an option in there that you can turn off BT. Try deleting the phone, turn off BT on the sterero, then turn it back on, and try to re-pair the phone. If that doesn't work, it might be dealer time for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok this thread is almost 2 years old but for the past 6 months I've been having the same problem. I don't have a Kia Soul (Hyundai Sonata) but it is the same error when trying to go to settings>Phone. I need a solution that doesn't require in-warranty radio replacement because the bluetooth (and all electronics) are only covered for 2 years. I took it to the dealer and they pulled the fuse and luckily it worked for a short while. I don't think pulling the fuse did anything though because all the presets were still in tact. They told me to do the same thing if the problem continued so I did, and this time all radio presets were lost but the same error "System Not Ready. Please Wait A Moment" still comes up everytime.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Ok this thread is almost 2 years old but for the past 6 months I've been having the same problem. I don't have a Kia Soul (Hyundai Sonata) but it is the same error when trying to go to settings>Phone. I need a solution that doesn't require in-warranty radio replacement because the bluetooth (and all electronics) are only covered for 2 years. I took it to the dealer and they pulled the fuse and luckily it worked for a short while. I don't think pulling the fuse did anything though because all the presets were still in tact. They told me to do the same thing if the problem continued so I did, and this time all radio presets were lost but the same error "System Not Ready. Please Wait A Moment" still comes up everytime.

Any thoughts?
Hyundai infotainment systems have a 3 year warranty. At least my old 08 Tucson had that and the Kia have a 3 year coverage as well. Have you tried resetting the system?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hyundai infotainment systems have a 3 year warranty. At least my old 08 Tucson had that and the Kia have a 3 year coverage as well. Have you tried resetting the system?

Well I've had my car for just over 3 years but I was told it was only 2 years by the dealer. I'll have to check on that as the time I took in the car may have been borderline 3 yrs. Besides pulling the fuse to try to "reset" the system, what other methods are there? FYI, removing the fuse did not work. When I took the car in, the problem was intermittent. Now it is constant and I can't get into the car's phone settings to even delete/add/connect to a bluetooth enabled phone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You're all missing the point... it's not the phone, it's the BT on the sound system. There's an option in there that you can turn off BT. Try deleting the phone, turn off BT on the sterero, then turn it back on, and try to re-pair the phone. If that doesn't work, it might be dealer time for you.
I see this is old, but where can you turn this off? I see nowhere to turn on/off Bluetooth.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
I see this is old, but where can you turn this off? I see nowhere to turn on/off Bluetooth.
Please fill in your Drive info so we know what vehicle you have and the model. There is 3 different audio systems in most Soul's and not all operate the same, so its hard to be accurate with an answer when we don't have this info.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,527 Posts
Need specific details about your car & info-tainment system for that eg: year, model, UVO etc......

·
Registered
1 Posts
contact list

I recently have had issues with my contact list. When I first set up my Bluetooth it worked fine. Now it will only pull over a few names from my contact list. What do I need to do to get all my contacts to pull over?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts