Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a 2012 + with the regular stereo and I've been streaming Pandora off my phone, an LG Optimus to the car for a few weeks. All was working well until one day it refused to stream anymore. Actually the bluetooth wouldn't connect to the car. I turned off the car and on again, turned off the phone and on again. Turned off both for a few minutes and on again. Deleted the phone from the car and tried again. I've tried just about every variation to make it work. The best I got was it did connect again, sync the phonebook but when I went to use Pandora it won't appear anymore on the stereo when I hit the CD/Aux button. Trying to figure out if it's the car or phone even software on the phone I thought I'd try my brand new Nexus 7 tablet on it. Again all went well at first everything was working fine then it'd drop the tablet off bluetooth. So far I can get it to reconnect but it's still not stable.

I'm basically trying to troubleshoot this to see if I can at least prove if it's the car or phone/tablet/software issue so I'll know what needs to be fixed. I'm hoping someone on here has encountered the same issue before.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try hitting the little reset button. That fixes the problem on the UVO stereo.
What reset button? I tried everything I could and of course most times right before I had to go somewhere. What I needed to do and did do was take some time and sit down to figure it out. A few days ago and sat in the car with my phone and tablet and dug through the options. In my phone under BlueTooth there was an option unchecked for "Media Audio" which I assume was checked before as I had Pandora playing through the speakers previously. Either way it's back now and stable 99% of the time. Now and then it still seems to drop out for a couple of seconds.. the regular stereo will come on Pandora starts playing out of my phone again then a few seconds later it's back coming through my stereo. I'll take 99% stable over nothing lol this is much better than Satellite Radio nothing getting cut off anymore when stuck at a red light in an underpass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts