Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has there been any change in what is and is not compatible with the bluetooth phone function? In July we were told the Alias will not work with our Soul bluetooth. It connects, but the phone is not recognized: we get a steady new call signal, and on hanging up, it resets and "new call" appears again.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
My samsung is not having any problems at all. I have the Galaxys. I do know that most of the Smart phones have more items to go thru before a perfect sync will be performed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Samsung Rogue, my wife's old Samsung Alias2 and her new Samsung Reality have all worked just fine in mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd like to hear from other owners about their bluetooth phone connections. My old Palm Centro worked at first but not not at all. I'm told that only certain smartphones (like the IPhone) are fully compatible. thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alias 2 Contacts list work around

Ok, I too had problems with the Samsung Alias 2 pairing with my Soul. The dealer tried to set it up but only got the thing to work with just saying the phone numbers into the speaker. Not exactly practical. I figured out a work around though. This may work with other Samsuung phones but I know it worked for my Alias 2. Here goes.

First, you need to go to Tools and Settings / Bluetooth Menu and let your Kia Soul discover your Alias 2. (Your dealer should have at least done that part for you.) Once you have established the Soul on your Alias 2’s Bluetooth Menu, it will have attempted to up load your contacts. It won’t be successful but at that point you will be able to make calls by saying the phone numbers and you will be able to receive calls just fine.
After you have gone thru those steps, go to Tools and Settings / Bluetooth Menu on your Alias 2 and highlight the “Soul” connection. Hit the options button on the right then scroll down until you highlight the “Send name card” command in the options list. Mark all contacts or just the ones you would like to transfer. Your Alias 2 will text you “connect to soul?” Stop right there.
Now, you need to setup your car to receive the contacts list. Press the speakerphone button on the lower right hand side of the cars steering wheel. Say “phonebook”. Your car will repeat your command and ask you if you want to add names and how you would like to add them. Say “add entry” then “by phone”. Once your car is ready to receive them, go back to your Alias 2 and hit “yes”. Your phone should then begin to upload all of your marked contacts. (Remember; try to have only “letters” spelling out your contacts. Kia’s voice recognition software sometimes gets confused by special characters.)

I hope this works for some of you. Please let me know if it does.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I just took delivery of my 2011 Soul (Molten + A/T) last week and was told up-front my Samsung Alias would only be partially compatible. I can dial by number but the address book won't load. :mad: Good thing I'm up for an upgrade soon from Verizon. It was not a deal-breaker on the car though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts