Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have a base 2015 Kia Soul and have no issues connecting to my head unit. I just was wondering if there was a way to do this with me just getting in the car and having the music from my phone play. What the Soul seems to default to is the FM radio then I have to press the media button for the music from my phone to begin playing. I see the Bluetooth symbols on the head unit when I get in. Anyway around this? I have a Samsung Note 4 if that makes any difference. Thanks.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Raider, greetings.
I have an iPhone and after starting the car, let it go through the motions, agree to the warning and after 20-30 seconds the screen tells me my phone has been recognized. This is when my media files will play w/ the UVO system when selected... So maybe your phone/system requires a few extra seconds to connect as does mine?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I just have the base audio package so no UVO system for me. When I start my car it goes straight to the FM radio.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
To get the paired phone to play the music files on BT you need to press AUX button and MP3 will show in the LCD screen.
You may need to enable phone to share music files. Note the MP3 music. In hand book after phone pairing

Jeff

·
Registered
150 Posts
To get the paired phone to play the music files on BT you need to press AUX button and MP3 will show in the LCD screen.
You may need to enable phone to share music files. Note the MP3 music. In hand book after phone pairing

Jeff
The OP has no problems pairing or playing music from the phone, so that doesn't address the question being asked. I know exactly what @Raider82 is referring to. When the car is first started, it defaults to whatever the last radio function was used, as in AM/FM/Sat, and it appears there is no way to set Bluetooth audio as the default.

So, let's ask the question this way: for the base Soul head unit, is there any way to set Bluetooth audio as the default for when you first start the car, so that's what starts playing, and not a last used radio preset?

I don't remember this being an issue when I had a '14 Elantra GT. It always connected and started playing Bluetooth audio on startup.

I would like a solution to this as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is an old thread, but it asks the same question I have. Is there a way to set Bluetooth as the automatic go-to when starting the car? I have the full premium nav unit, and as far as I can tell, the Head unit must power up to the radio or satellite upon start up. However, I would like for it to default to Bluetooth upon start up. Is there no work around anyone has found?

·
Registered
30 Posts

Jeff
Same - Spotfiy works great like this :run:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2019 Kia Soul base model and this still has not been addressed. There appears to be no way to set the media bluetooth as default. It really sucks. When I start my soul, it always starts with the radio and I have to wait for my phone to connect, then press the media button and then the bluetooth button every stinking time. My 2012 Mercury Milan always started with the last setting used. That was super nice. It seems like this would be easy enough for kia to fix, especially since you can see people have been asking for this since apparently 2016. Common Kia...you're supposed to be marketing to the youth, but yet you cant get a simple tech feature incorporated in over 3 years of consumers requesting it...mercury markets to old people and they've had this simple feature for over 6 years...sheesh!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello everyone. I have a base 2015 Kia Soul and have no issues connecting to my head unit. I just was wondering if there was a way to do this with me just getting in the car and having the music from my phone play. What the Soul seems to default to is the FM radio then I have to press the media button for the music from my phone to begin playing. I see the Bluetooth symbols on the head unit when I get in. Anyway around this? I have a Samsung Note 4 if that makes any difference. Thanks.
I have a 2015 Soul. My phone is an android. I can connect it to my car via Bluetooth. How my car stereo works is that when I fist get in the car, the display is on the Auxiliary or the radio. If it's on auxiliary, I would wait for the radio to load; when it's finished, the music comes on from my phone automatically. If the radio was on first, I would wait for the auxillary to load then switch to it. My music then plays.

I don't think the music from your phone have that default where the music comes on from your phone to the car automatically.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,742 Posts
I have a 2015 Soul. My phone is an android. I can connect it to my car via Bluetooth. How my car stereo works is that when I fist get in the car, the display is on the Auxiliary or the radio. If it's on auxiliary, I would wait for the radio to load; when it's finished, the music comes on from my phone automatically. If the radio was on first, I would wait for the auxillary to load then switch to it. My music then plays.

I don't think the music from your phone have that default where the music comes on from your phone to the car automatically.
If I press or say "bluetooth audio" the music player on the phone starts automatically & stops if I select or say another source.

If I have Google Maps open on the phone, it interupts the music temporarily to give verbal turn by turn directions, then phone music resumes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If I press or say "bluetooth audio" the music player on the phone starts automatically & stops if I select or say another source.

If I have Google Maps open on the phone, it interupts the music temporarily to give verbal turn by turn directions, then phone music resumes.
Yeah mine do the same. I think it's normal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts