Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Did you check the oil level between oil changes? Was it consuming oil? High mileage GDI engines tend to consume oil and this can also clog up the catalytic converter. A clogged CAT can cause engine back pressure and higher engine temps which can cause excessive oil consumption. It's a vicious circle. The engine only holds approximately 3.74 quarts of oil so maybe it ran out of oil. Oil consumption is a common problem with GDI engines. As stated the recall doesn't cover the 2.0 NU engine but there is a class action lawsuit.
Yes I did and like I said I had just had it changed as well oil level was fine the shop even said so themselves

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I am having the same problem with my KIA 113 thousand miles and my engine did the same thing they just told me they have to replace the engine and I sure don't have money to pay out of pocket and still owe around 4700 hundred.
Now I am screwed because I am in the middle of finding a job and we have no school bus available either I dont know what I am going to do since money is an issue on my end I hope more people report this issue.
So basically the exact same thing

·
Registered
29 Posts
There is a new Product Improvement Campaign that extends the KSDS ECU Update to at least the 2017 model year. The very first letters to consumers on this new campaign just went out on 16NOV2021 per KIA. It also extends the warranty mileage and time for affected vehicles. Check with KIA America again to see if there is anything they can do for you. (Still waiting for my letter.)

PI2107 ECU UPDATE (KSDS 2.0L GDI)

·
Registered
506 Posts
There is a new Product Improvement Campaign that extends the KSDS ECU Update to at least the 2017 model year. The very first letters to consumers on this new campaign just went out on 16NOV2021 per KIA. It also extends the warranty mileage and time for affected vehicles. Check with KIA America again to see if there is anything they can do for you. (Still waiting for my letter.)

PI2107 ECU UPDATE (KSDS 2.0L GDI)
Wow. They are extending this to the 2017 2.0L now? I wonder if 2018-2019 is included. And maybe the 1.6??, since there’s a KSDS for some of them too. It’s a very new PI because I can’t find it where I usually look (NHTSA).

With other recalls Kia would reimburse you if you already paid for the repair they are recalling, so TrRtCIFf, I would call Kia corporate again next week and give them the PI number from above and see if they know anything about it and if your car is part of it.

Reactions: Tomas_

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
It came out just a few weeks ago. It is a software update. Unlike the 2014-16 I don't recall anywhere in there that it says it extends the warranty any like it did on the earlier model years. The 2017 2.0 was a bit revised from the earlier one although most people didn't notice.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It came out just a few weeks ago. It is a software update. Unlike the 2014-16 I don't recall anywhere in there that it says it extends the warranty any like it did on the earlier model years. The 2017 2.0 was a bit revised from the earlier one although most people didn't notice.
KIA_PI2107_letter_16NOV21.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,056 Posts
21 - 28 of 28 Posts