Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so i am in week 2 of trying to assess what's up with my A/c. It's not blowing the cold air out on any setting. I have tested the resistor against ohms with the respective measurements. But I have now ruled out the resistor because it is basically only for LO, ML, and MH, not for HI. I have tested blower motor by hooking up jump wires from it straight to the battery and it works. I have checked and tested all fuses with a lamp. I have ohmd out the control switch on different settings and received continuity. I have taken apart the control switch and sprayed it down with sensitive electrical cleaner and then let it dry. Anyone else have any suggestions? Today when I went to get in my car, the blower started blowing working. Dumb me, I switched it off and tried to turn it back on and it refused to cooperate.

Does this sound like a short to anyone?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The weird thing is it's only starting up in the morning. When it does, it motor winds down after 30 seconds and then stops

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That makes sense actually. I constantly run my A/c and on high. The capi probably like "FU. You want high all rhe time!? I'll give you high a fry the **** out of myself!"

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
That makes sense actually. I constantly run my A/c and on high. The capi probably like "FU. You want high all rhe time!? I'll give you high a fry the **** out of myself!"
Dang Sgtima, I'm pretty sure I used to date your AC, or maybe her sister :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I got the old one out and the new one in. It works like a charm now. Nice and cold af. Word to the unwise: getting the connector off the actual blower motor sucks if you are trying to remove it with your fingers. Grab a pair of needle nose pliers and squeeze at the base of the connector (below the gray part of the connector). Once I figured that out, all went pretty smooth.
Shaggy, I think you were spot on with the running capi. I also noticed that when I took off the cover over the coils, lots of black dust with copper shavings and leaves! Anyways, thanks a million for your insight.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well, I got the old one out and the new one in. It works like a charm now. Nice and cold af. Word to the unwise: getting the connector off the actual blower motor sucks if you are trying to remove it with your fingers. Grab a pair of needle nose pliers and squeeze at the base of the connector (below the gray part of the connector). Once I figured that out, all went pretty smooth.
Shaggy, I think you were spot on with the running capi. I also noticed that when I took off the cover over the coils, lots of black dust with copper shavings and leaves! Anyways, thanks a million for your insight.
So, just to clarify, you replaced the motor?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts