Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Kia Soul ! with remote start. The other day while it was on remote start (no key) I cleaning the snow and ice off the car I clicked the windshield wipers on while they were frozen in ice. I saw them move a little, realized they were stuck, clicked them off, but of course once the wiper starts moving it must complete the path. Something blew, blower went out. Put the key in and turn the ignition to ON; Blower and wipers engage and work fine. When I remote start now the blowers don't run until I put the key in and turn the car "On". I've check the fuses in small console panel with a multi-meter, all seem fine. Checked the ones in the engine compartment to the left side of the engine. They seem fine. Not sure how to test the big square ones (look fine) or the solid block thingies (Multi-fuses or relays?).

Any thoughts what blew?

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
I almost had the same thing last winter. While my right hand was reaching for the wiper switch, and there was ice on the windshield with the wipers embedded in it, my left hand reached up and slapped the crap out of me. My right hand stopped and the little light went on in my head. Glad to know what that wuppin' was saving me. :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I almost sure that wipers and heater has its own power line from key lock separate from the line where powered ECU and etc. Therefore in the remote start regime, when there is no key in the lock, there is no power on the wipers and heater. For the correct work of wipers and heater they powered through the additional relay in the remote start regime. Guess there may be additional fuse in the circuit of such relay. So in your case the additional relay or its fuse is blown and yes it is directly connected with aftermarket remote start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I almost sure that wipers and heater has its own power line from key lock separate from the line where powered ECU and etc. Therefore in the remote start regime, when there is no key in the lock, there is no power on the wipers and heater. For the correct work of wipers and heater they powered through the additional relay in the remote start regime. Guess there may be additional fuse in the circuit of such relay. So in your case the additional relay or its fuse is blown and yes it is directly connected with aftermarket remote start.
Thanks, I'll see what I can find out about the remote start. Incidentally it's not aftermarket per se, it came brand new with the vehicle from the dealer.

·
Registered
227 Posts
But it is quite strange for factory option that the fuse or relay is "hiden" somewhere but not in its native place under the hood or left from the steering wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts