Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Careful, you won't let him have it if you drive it too much!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Howdy and thanks! 5 months but I don't drive it too much
Went to buy the Optima but ended up the Soul. It seems like a younger persons car
Although I read average age of owner is 48! lol

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,085 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums! :)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Yes - another Shadow Black ! with Whole Shabang! Welcome to the family!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Holy cow! You must be the greatest parent on the planet. My first car was a 15 year old rusted up Mazda pickup.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Holy cow! You must be the greatest parent on the planet. My first car was a 15 year old rusted up Mazda pickup.
I know what you mean. My first vehicle was a, wait a minute, I know I can remember, let's see, now what was it? Oh, I know, a pair of shoes, my first pair.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I aim to be the greatest Uncle in the world when I gift the Soul to my niece in 3 years.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My first car was a Datsun king cab. He is an outstanding student and an even better son who will be driving at least 50 miles per day

·
Registered
173 Posts
I know what you mean. My first vehicle was a, wait a minute, I know I can remember, let's see, now what was it? Oh, I know, a pair of shoes, my first pair.
My first registered car (I had a couple of 'fixer-uppers' before I ever got my license :eek: )was a 1962 VW Transporter -- that had been Totaled - TWICE! :think - before I got it! I got it with an even trade for a USED, 8-track tape deck!! :laughonfloor

Went through about a dozen cars that first year -- slowly 'moving up' to something decent and reliable!. My parents didn't even own a car.

In 1993, I bought my daughter a brand new Toyota -- for many of the same reasons as the OP. But, a couple of years later, in '95 or '96, I bought my son (who was equally deserving) a raggedy, old Fiat 124 Spyder -- and, when it died, an old, VW Cabrio. He's driving a Hyundai Genesis, now -- and restoring an MGB. It's parked next to the Triumph Bonneville that he previously restored. He bought and paid for all of his current toys -- and, I BELIEVE -- more grateful than my daughter was, at the time!

I'm a PROUD papa! :)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
My first car was a Datsun king cab. He is an outstanding student and an even better son who will be driving at least 50 miles per day
I learn to drive on a Datsun 510....like to blow around on the freeway and took a good 5 minutes to warm it up before you could drive it as it would die. We got rid of it with 2K miles on it and got Mazda 616s, both yellow.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Just Jealous,

I wan't you as a Parent !

I was working @ 15 yrs old & excelling in high school, @ 17 1/2 I had to move out due to circumstance's
My dad spent 50 bucks @ grocery store & paid my first weeks rent of $ 50.00 , rode a bicycle every where !

:)

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
...I was working @ 15 yrs old & excelling in high school, @ 17 1/2 I had to move out due to circumstance's
My dad spent 50 bucks @ grocery store & paid my first weeks rent of $ 50.00 , rode a bicycle every where !
I got my first paying job at ten (my dad was gone for a year and I went to work), did crappy in school, left home at 17. Any boy who has a father that pays attention is one lucky kid in my book. I change what I said before, get yourself a base auto, let the kid have the high end model.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts