Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone looking for black OEM L.E.D. repeaters in the U.S.? I Might be behind the curve but I finally found them in the U.S. from the factory.

·
Registered
189 Posts
How much are they? Guys on the forum are selling them from Canada for around $80US. These are the non LED OEM I do not think KIA has pushed out any Souls with LEDs yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright here is the whole story. I have been looking for black OEM lighted repeaters since I bought my Soul in early August. I didn't want to go the route of buying the silver ones and repainting and wiring them myself. I waited for U.S. to offer them in black. Finally I saw them in the accessories catalog (they appeared black) at my KIA dealership and asked the parts department if they were actually black and they said yes so I ordered them ($165 + $29.99 too install). They arrived at the dealership a few days later but were silver so I returned them. I had a long talk with the parts guy and told him that the special edition seems to have black repeaters, he told me he thought the same but called KIA U.S. and they told him that KIA has never offered the black repeaters in the U.S. The dealership did not have an S.E. on the lot to verify with at the time but had one arrive the next day. The parts guy called to tell me I was correct and that he could order the black as a replacement for the S.E. Mine should be in today. The cost is $200 plus $29.99 to install, the price increase is "due to the fact that it is a replacement part and not a KIA accessory". I know that $230 installed is steep but to finally be able to get them is relief enough for me. I am not sure if they are L.E.D's but they are lighted. I told the parts guy about the forum and he said he would order as many as he can for everyone to save some hassle and your local KIA dealership will install them for the same $29.99. I am not sure if I can hand out dealership info on this site but if I can I will post it or you could just bring this information to your local dealership. I might also be taking a very round-a-bout approach to this and there's an easier way to order them but I haven't found one yet. Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
200 Posts
They're probably the Korean-market lighted repeaters, which are bulb-based, not LED. The lighted part is a little wider than the LED ones.

·
Banned
43 Posts
Alright here is the whole story. I have been looking for black OEM lighted repeaters since I bought my Soul in early August. I didn't want to go the route of buying the silver ones and repainting and wiring them myself. I waited for U.S. to offer them in black. Finally I saw them in the accessories catalog (they appeared black) at my KIA dealership and asked the parts department if they were actually black and they said yes so I ordered them ($165 + $29.99 too install). They arrived at the dealership a few days later but were silver so I returned them. I had a long talk with the parts guy and told him that the special edition seems to have black repeaters, he told me he thought the same but called KIA U.S. and they told him that KIA has never offered the black repeaters in the U.S. The dealership did not have an S.E. on the lot to verify with at the time but had one arrive the next day. The parts guy called to tell me I was correct and that he could order the black as a replacement for the S.E. Mine should be in today. The cost is $200 plus $29.99 to install, the price increase is "due to the fact that it is a replacement part and not a KIA accessory". I know that $230 installed is steep but to finally be able to get them is relief enough for me. I am not sure if they are L.E.D's but they are lighted. I told the parts guy about the forum and he said he would order as many as he can for everyone to save some hassle and your local KIA dealership will install them for the same $29.99. I am not sure if I can hand out dealership info on this site but if I can I will post it or you could just bring this information to your local dealership. I might also be taking a very round-a-bout approach to this and there's an easier way to order them but I haven't found one yet. Hope this is helpful.
The black marker lamps are indeed only available on the special edition. One thing to consider, the silver marker lamps come with the required adaptor harness for installing the lamps on vehicles that did not come with them from the factory. This harness is not available separately (to my knowledge), so it may be easier (and cheaper) just to paint the silver accessory versions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The black marker lamps are indeed only available on the special edition. One thing to consider, the silver marker lamps come with the required adaptor harness for installing the lamps on vehicles that did not come with them from the factory. This harness is not available separately (to my knowledge), so it may be easier (and cheaper) just to paint the silver accessory versions.
You are correct chevy, I spoke with the parts manager at my local KIA today and he told me that the extra cost was due to the fact that they have to change out the harness with the one from the silver repeaters I returned. Good news is he told me I could keep both sets! He said the the silver repeaters would be useless to him once he took the harness off them. That made me much happier about the situation. $230 for two sets of repeaters and to have the black ones installed, no complaints here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts